Primer is one of those products that you don’t really understand until you’ve tried it. There’s no one particular effect that blows you away, yet when you wear it, your makeup just seems to look better in every way. The combination of softer skin, a more even makeup application, long-lasting color and diffused imperfections just improves your final look overall. If you’re not using a primer, you probably should (especially in the summer)! You’ll notice that your makeup looks better and fresher for longer. I’ve been trying out different primers this summer, and these five have definitely been my favorite- all for different reasons! Check them out and make sure to let me know which primers are your favorite too!
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Aqua Primer: Not only is this possibly the most beautiful bottle I’ve ever seen, but the primer feels so refreshing- it’s seriously such an amazing feeling on a hot, humid summer day. It’s packed full with antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients that promote cell tissue regeneration and firming properties that help to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles too.
- Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray: I’ve been loving how convenient this primer spray is! It contains a stabilized form of Vitamin B6 which absorbs oil, minimizes mores and reduces redness. It feels light, it’s easy to use and you can touch-up throughout the day to refresh your skin and makeup.
- Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer: This primer acts like a makeup magnet to keep your foundation fresh and flawless for up to 15 hours! It glides on like a glue stick, but feels very lightweight on the skin. For those extra long days that you know you won’t have lots of touch-up time, this is the one to go for!
- L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur: The texture of this primer is fantastic for mature skin, or for anyone wanting to diffuse fine lines, wrinkles and pores. The formula actually contains active ingredients to help minimize the appearance of winkles, lines and pores over time as well, giving the skin a more smoother look.
- Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer: I love how silky this makes my skin feel! The formula’s skin-loving ingredients clear and unblock pores to minimize their appearance and control shine while hydrating the skin. Oil-free and great for all skin types, this primer leaves you with velvety smooth skin and long-lasting fresh look.