New for Holiday 2012, the Anastasia Want You To Want Me Eye Shadow Palette ($34 USD / $44 CAD) includes a variety of nude and plum shades in a removable compact, along with a black liquid eyeliner, clear brow gel and double-ended eyeshadow brush. This limited-edition palette is now available at Sephora.
This beautiful velvet black compact with rose gold detailing has a large mirror on the interior lid, and holds the eyeshadow palette perfectly within the palette, along with the eyeliner, brow gel and dual-end brush. This palette is a solution to a common complaint that I hear when it comes to large, beautiful palettes… “It’s too bulky”.
This palette isn’t too big to begin with, but if you’re heading away for the weekend or just want to bring along your eyeshadows to transform your look from office to after hours, then the eyeshadow palette comes out (which is incredible small and slim), and even has its own small mirror in the lid.
The shades include:
- Platform Wedge: Light, matte nude beige
- Members Only: Mid-tone matte cafe brown
- Graphic T’s: Deep, cool brown with silver sparkle
- Front Row Center: Light champagne shimmer
- Power Ballad: Mid-tone shimmery taupe
- Brass in Pocket: Warm, mid-tone shimmery brown
- Ziggy: Mid-tone purple with silver micro shimmer
- Jellies: Pale lilac pink with shimmer
- Iron On: Deep eggplant purple with silver sparkle
This palette is a stunning combination of nude and purple shades in various textures- while it is predominantly shimmery (or at least with a hint of sparkle), the palette does include two standard matte shades which allows for a great variety of looks. The matte shades are slightly less pigmented and rich than the shimmer shades, but overall as a palette I think it’s a fantastic piece.
The eyeshadows are actually formulated with a special, nourishing complex which has been clinically proven to illuminate, firm and hydrate the skin- so while wearing the shades, you’re providing anti-aging benefits to your eyelids! The glide on smoothly, blend beautifully and stay on for hours (I do recommend using a primer first, as usual).
The palette also includes a jet black liquid eyeliner with a precise brush-tip applicator as well as a mini clear brow gel (one of Anastasia’s claims to fame). I love how incredibly rich the black liquid eyeliner is and how the brow gel keeps my brows in place all day. The double-ended brush is handy as well, because one side features a standard eye shader brush while the other is a precise, tapered brush.
- Price: $34 USD / $44 CAD
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: If you’re into nudes and plum shades, this palette is definitely for you. The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is gorgeous (the mattes are slightly less rich, but still good). I love the fact the palette combines textures, and can be removed for a slim, sleek touch-up or travel palette. The liquid eyeliner, brow gel and double-ended brush just add the cherry on top!
- Rating: A