I’m kinda partial to these new bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipglosses ($18 USD / $23 CAD each) that just launched this Spring, because they share the name of one of my favorite restaurants (that has the best broccoli cheddar soup, ever). These glosses are full of natural plant extracts and peptides to gently plump lips (sans burning sensation) and full of oils & butters to moisturize and condition your pout, all while leaving you with a high-shine finish.
These glosses remind me a lot of bareMinerals’ sister brand, Buxom, and their Buxom Lip Polishes. They look, feel and work the same way, with a cooling tingle to plump your lips (although I really don’t notice much of a plumping action beyond what glossy lips do). They only difference really, is the scent. These glosses have a very strong sweet-mint (is that a touch of vanilla in there too?) scent that seriously doubles as I-just-brushed-my-teeth freshness (amazing for emergencies). Usually I’m not a fan of overly-minty scents, however this one smells like chewing gum, so I’m okay with that. The doe-foot applicator has a bend to it, almost giving it a spatula-like shape to really pack on the gloss.
These glosses are slightly tacky, in a way that allows them to stay on your lips for hours, but they aren’t thick and goopy. The ones I’ve tried vary in pigmentation, but overall I’d say they are sheer-to-medium coverage glosses. The shades I have are:
- Smooth Talker: A light pink with gold shimmer; the least pigmented of them all but definitely still visible. I love the combination of gold and pink! Definitely my favorite shade.
- Risk Taker: A rich chocolate brown with gold shimmer; a great summer night color. I tend to stay away from brown shades, but I’d reach for this one for an evening out! The most pigmented out of them all, for sure!
- Party Starter: A spicy, creamy coral. I love how juicy this shade looks, and it’s perfect for the season.
- Price: $18 USD / $23 CAD for 0.15oz / 15mL
- Availability: Sephora and other Bare Escentuals retailers
- Selection: See all 10 shades here
- Overall: If you like the Buxom lip polishes, you’re going to love these glosses. They last a relatively long time on the lips and have a really fresh, minty scent. They do tingle a bit for a plumping action, but its not uncomfortable at all. They vary in pigmentation, but overall are pretty good! Can be a bit tacky after a few hours though.
- Rating: A