Bare Escentuals has released some tempting treats for the holiday season, including the new bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 8.0 ($40 USD) in The Finer Things. This palette is part of their pressed mineral makeup line, and contains 8 stunning shades in a variety of textures. This limited-edition palette is now available online and in Bare Escentuals boutiques.
The silver, mirrored compact is sleek, slim and super elegant- although it is quite the fingerprint magnet, so it doesn’t stay looking so pretty for very long. Inside the compact you’ll find a large mirror on the interior lid, as well as the eyeshadows and a double-ended eyeshadow brush. The palette also comes with a mini Prime Time Eyelid Primer… but it’s so tiny (and there’s no place to keep it in the palette), you have to pay extra attention not to lose it.
The shades include…
- Penthouse: A deep back with silver sparkle
- Custom Made: A shimmery mid-tone rose
- Chateau: A satin, slate grey
- Truffle: A rich, shimmery golden bronze
- First Class: A unique, shimmery olive pewter
- Upgrade: A shimmery taupe
- Five Star: A bright, matte white
- Private Isle: A deep, satin royal blue
I honestly feel like the bareMinerals READY line is way under-hyped. I see so many people that love the formulas, but don’t talk about them nearly as much as they should. I haven’t met a single bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow that wasn’t absolutely incredible.
They have the intense pigmentation of a foiled pigmented, the butter smoothness of a cream shadow and the durability of a long wear product. They blend flawlessly together and have little fall-out because they are pressed. They are everything you want from a mineral eyeshadow, and none of the things you don’t want. Even the matte eyeshadows are out of this world.
I love the combination of shades in this palette- I find them a little more advanced, as it’s not so easy to imagine what shades will work well together, but 8 shades in total with varying textures really allows for some creative thinking!
The eye primer is alright, but not necessary. It’s a nice way to try their primer but I feel like UDPP does the best job out there. The brush works well in a pinch, but really- I swear the secret to these eyeshadows is using them with your fingers! The warmth from your skin helps them to melt and blend easier… I just find they look so much better when applied with fingers!
Beyond impressed, as usual. The only thing I’d change? I wish it was available at Sephora (but I am happy to see it’s sister, The Star Treatment, is!)
- Price: $40 USD
- Availability: Nordstrom
- Overall: Once again, the bareMinerals READY line blows me away. I love the unique combination of shades and textures- while it is a little more advanced, I think it would make some awesome looks. Pigmented, smooth, durable and blendable… these eyeshadows are the best formula I’ve ever tried.
- Rating: A+