Bare Escentuals has extended their incredible Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 and 2.0 range this summer, introducing seven more duos and two more quads! The groundbreaking formula has been a huge hit since they first launched the line in October 2011 (check out my review here), so it’s no surprise to see a bunch of new additions! The silky formula glides on like butter, blends flawlessly and is packed with pigment for a vibrant, long-lasting look. The eyeshadows also are free of parabens, binders, fillers and harsh chemicals- so you’re getting the benefit of mineral pigments with the convenience of a pressed eyeshadow.
If you haven’t tried the line, I highly recommend you do. The texture of the eyeshadows is incredible, and they contain antioxidants, caffeine and cucumber to provide anti-aging benefits to the eye area as well! Each palette contains color-coordinating shades with varying textures (shimmers, frosts, mattes and glitters)- and you’re going to get more variety of texture in the quads, of course. The palettes come with sponge applicators, which are nice for applying color to the lid but aren’t the best for blending- so I’d ditch them for proper brushes or even your fingers (quads come with a double-ended applicator while the duos just come with one). I’ve been playing around with two quads and one duo from the new shade collection, so I’ll go over each individually.
This bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 ($30 USD / $38 CAD) in The Soundtrack is my favorite out of all the quads I own so far- it has a combination of warm neutrals for a beautiful, earthy look. It’s great to see a matte highlight as well that rivals the pigment and quality of my beloved MAC Blanc Type! The palette include:
- Rhythm: Matte buttercream; a gorgeous highlight shade, and works well for helping to blend out crease colors and shape outer corners.
- Remix: Burnished gold; this frosty gold looks beautiful on the lid, paired with the green in the crease.
- Louder: Burnished copper; one of the most wearable, shimmery copper-y shades I’ve ever seen! Looks beautiful all over the lid, and is definitely going to be a go-to shade this summer.
- Speaker Box: Bronzy gunmetal; a great pair for all of the shades in this quad! Very pigmented, so work go lightly with this shade and build as needed.
The A List
The bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 ($30 USD / $38 CAD) in The A List is for the violet lovers. It combines various shades and textures of pinks and purples for a romantic look. This palette is great for date night, and the shades work well together with the correct undertones. I definitely recommend pairing this palette with thick, black eyeliner to make sure your eyes don’t look tired or sore (which can happen easily with pink and purple shades). The palette includes:
- Icebreaker: Pale pink pearl; this shade works great all over the lid or as a highlight- but choose one or the other (not both- it’s very shimmery)!
- Fashionably Late: Cool, baby pink; I like to work with this shade as an accent color, because it is so pink. Add a touch above the crease to give a pop of vibrant color, or use it as a blending color on the lid.
- Swanky: Sparkling plum; this deep purple shade works great in the crease and outer corner, and it has a beautiful silver sparkle too!
- Black Tie Optional: Blackened purple velvet; this matte shade is super intense- so use it as an eyeliner for a smoky look or use a little to add depth to the crease!
The Winner Is…
The bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 2.0 ($20 USD / $25 CAD) in The Winner Is… took my breath away when I first saw it! Definitely my favorite duo by far. I love pairing golds and greens, and these two shades work together perfectly for an earthy look. The palette includes:
- Chart Topper: Golden pewter; this shade is quickly becoming my favorite lid color! It’s the perfect amount of gold with a gorgeous reflective texture. With or without another color, it looks fantastic to brighten the eyes!
- Hit Single: Luminous sage; this light green has a touch of golden shimmer to it, so it blends even more beautifully with Chart Topper! It almost reminds me of a mermaid green- and looks great for summer!
- Price: $30 USD / $38 CAD for 0.17oz / 5g (4.0 Quads) and $20 USD / $25 CAD for 0.1oz / 3g (2.0 Duos)
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: Loving these new shades! Ever since bareMinerals launched the Ready Eyeshadow range last year, it has been a favorite of mine! Silky texture with incredible pigment, they really are in a class of their own. These new shade combinations are beautiful! I wish they included the brush tip and liner brushes like the Buxom palettes have instead of the sponge-tip ones, but I prefer to use a brush anyways.
- Rating: A+