We already know that I love Bdellium Tools, especially for their eyeliner brushes… but these funky looking brushes aren’t a part of the Studio line that I’ve been swooning over, these are from their Green Bambu line! Let’s take a closer look…
The Green Bambu line of brushes from Bdellium Tools obviously look a lot different from most other brushes. They’re GREEN. It threw me off a little bit, especially when I first saw them…but really I got used to it quickly. The line is meant to be cruelty-free (synthetic fibers) and eco-friendly (the handles are made of bamboo, one of the most sustainable resources on the planet because it grows so fast)! These brushes aren’t anti-bacterial like the regular line though, so that’s something to keep in mind.
The bristles are super soft and I experienced no shedding at all- I’m a huge fan of synthetic fibers because they are so resilient, easy to clean and maintain their shape a lot better than natural hair fibers. I’ve been trying out three brushes from the line, and they are:
- 959 Powder Blending Brush($14.08 USD): While this brush works great for blush, setting powder, bronzer, pretty much anything like that- I actually found a use that isn’t really advertised for it. Liquid foundation. I works just like my favorite Sigma F80, but even a little better! I feel like the foundation doesn’t sink down into the bristles as much, and I really get more product on my face. I can’t stop using it for my foundation!
- 762 Small Angle Brush ($7.04 USD): This brush can make incredibly believable brow hairs. While its awesome for eyeliner, the razor sharp tip makes the most precise hair-like strokes! A great angled brush.
- 708 Bent Eyeliner Brush ($7.04 USD): I really didn’t think I was going to like this one, because I’ve never particularly liked bent eyeliner brushes in the past. But I was pleasantly surprised! Super helpful for those with curly eyelashes- this angled brush will help you work around them to create a gorgeous defined line… the super-pointy and precise tip as also amazing for cat-eye flicks!
Overall I’m impressed with the line. The brushes are easy to work with and the bristles wash & dry beautifully. I love the fact I can use powders or creams or liquids with any of them, and they all perform well. If you’re particularly environmentally-conscious and looking for eco friendly cosmetic tools, these ones are for you! Each brush is priced very reasonably- and even better if you can catch them at a trade show like IMATS!
- Price: $14.08 for the 959 Powder Blending brush and $7.04 for each the 708 Bent Eyeliner and 762 Small Angle brushes
- Availability: Bdellium Tools (contact them directly for international shipping options)
- Overall: High quality brushes at a great price- a little shocking to see green brushes at first, but it’s nice to know they are 100% cruelty-free, synthetic bristled and made of sustainable eco-friendly bamboo. They perform great and can be used with all types of mediums without shedding.
- Rating: A