Benefit Bella Bamba Face Powder
- Description: A watermelon-pink blush laced with shimmering gold undertones.
- Price: $28 USD / $36 CDN for 0.28oz
- Availability: Sephora, Benefit and their retailers.
Benefit boxed powders are an addiction- I’ll admit it right away. My first one ever was Coralista, then Hoola, then Dallas. I was able to resist the other sisters in the group- but not the newest addition, Bella Bamba. This particular blush is a bright, highly-pigmented (unlike some of the other powders) watermelon pink with quite a bit (in my opinion) golden shimmer laced throughout. The shimmer isn’t as apparent when the blush is worn lightly, but swatching the product may make you cringe if you’re not into frosty faces. Usually I like matte or satin blushes, but when worn lightly, this one gives a nice glow without being overpowering. The powder is buttery soft and this boxed powder will probably last a lifetime and a half (for myself and fellow blush addicts…perhaps less if you wear it everyday).
This particular Benefit boxed powder is different in packaging from the others; it features a flip-top box that is attached to the base, along with a mirror on the inside. Both of these new features I feel are unnecessary…and in the case of the flip top, unwanted. The first time I closed the box, the side flap slipped and went on the inside of the box instead of the outside, driving into the powder and breaking the corner of it (*tear*). While its not a huge deal, I’ve never had this issue with any of my other boxed powders and now, everytime I close the lid to Bella Bamba, I take extra care.
As with all Benefit boxed powders, Bella Bamba comes with a small brush that fits inside the packaging…and also as with all other Benefit boxed powders that I own, I threw it out immediately. The brush is fairly soft but I find it far to dense to apply blush properly… some people love the brushes that come with them and I do admit, they probably do come in handy for traveling or just toting in your purse for touch ups…but I warn you! Go lightly with this brush or you may look like a clown!
The color is absolutely gorgeous- I was surprised how similar to Coralista this blush is, only this one has more pink in it (and more shimmer). Its a beautiful, universal shade that I think many different skintones will love. I have to say I’m very happy to see such great pigmentation (which other Benefit boxed powders have failed on…*coughGeorgiacough*). Now the issue is if you can justify coughing out $28 USD / $36 CDN for a single blush… it was hard the first time I did it, and like I said, it’s an addiction now…but I must say you do get a LOT of product for your penny. The quality is superb, however this shade is so gorgeous and universal, I wouldn’t be surprised if it could be easily duped by a more affordable brand (anyone find one yet?)
- Product [24/25] – The color is universally flattering and multi-dimensional, perhaps a little heavy on the shimmer but with a light hand there are no worries!
- Value [9/10] – Expensive for a blush, I know- but this box will last you forever and a half (with the amount of product and how little you need to use…it’s worth it!)
- Use [5/5] – A little goes a long way and a few light sweeps is all you need for a gorgeous, glowing face
- Accessibility [5/5] – Can be purchased through Benefit, Sephora or various retailers and even drugstores!
- Packaging [3/5] – A stunning box but please Benefit, ditch the flip-top and return to the trusty, original design.