The Benefit High Flyin’ Glosses ($26 USD / $28 CAD) is a brand new set of six mini lip glosses, available now as part of the Benefit Holiday 2012 Collection. The set features each shade of Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss (launched earlier this year)- so it’s a great way to try them all at once. This limited-edition collection is now available at Sephora.
I’ve reviewed the Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Glosses in the past (see the review here), so you can read that post if you want to see more details about the formula. I didn’t have all six glosses back then, so this post will be helpful if you want to see and compare all of the different swatches.
The shades include…
- Dallas: A warm nude
- Bella Bamba: A red-ish pink
- Hoola: A nude beige with gold sparkle
- Dandelion: A nude pink with silver sparkle
- Sugarbomb: A mid-tone rose with silver sparkle
- Coralista: An orange coral
One thing to keep in mind is that all of these glosses are incredibly sheer (Dallas is definitely the most pigmented out of them all), so you’ll really only see a tiny hint of a color difference, and if there is a shimmer or not. The formula is silky smooth, non-sticky and feels comfortable on the lips. They are easy to apply with the slanted-tip applicator, however they do not last very long on the lips.
These mini sizes contain a little less than half of the full size, so you still get a good amount of product and it’s a great way to get some variety. The sheer texture also makes them a great on-the-go gloss because they are fool proof to apply.
They have a slightly fruity scent, which I like, however my biggest complaint is how different the glosses are in comparison to their boxed powder counterparts. They are obviously marketed to match the powders, but they are quite different (especially Bella Bamba and Hoola- they look nothing like their blush buddy). Not a negative thing against the product itself, but I just wish they resembled the already-loved shades more closely.
- Price: $26 USD / $28 CAD for 6 x 0.22oz / 6.5mL
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: If you’ve been curious about these new Benefit lip glosses, then I highly recommend trying out this set (the sizes are fairly generous and you get to try all of the shades). They are very sheer and don’t completely look like their boxed powder counterparts, however they are still silky, shiny and easy to apply.
- Rating: A-