Benefit Cosmetics is notorious for releasing the cutest kits ever, and I’m always a sucker for them! This Fall 2012, Benefit is releasing a few complexion and color kits (which I got to preview at their beauty blogger breakfast last Tuesday), and they’re going to be a total hit when they release next month!
The Benefit How To Look The Best At Everything kit ($30 USD / $36 CAD) contains everything you need to achieve a flawless base (available in Light, Medium and Deep). These are the most sophisticated and functional complexion kits that Benefit has ever released, in my opinion, because they actually work. Too many times I’ve seen their super sheer “foundation” and a few face brighteners labeled as a complexion perfecting kit… but some gals need a little more help than that.
Each kit is packaged perfectly for traveling, each with a Tips and Tricks booklet built into the mirror (they can be detached if you wish to take them off). Of course, Benefit made the different kits look like book volumes, because they don’t leave any details out.
Cue the music! These kits each contain:
- The Porefessional: A silky primer balm that instantly erases pores, fine lines and shine. It’s really quite the miracle balm- plus it can be ‘tapped’ on top of finished makeup throughout the day to keep those pores away! One of my favorite products ever!
- Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Brightening Makeup: Benefit’s brand new liquid foundation; I already did a full review on it here… but overall this makeup as sheer-to-medium buildable coverage with a luminous (yet natural) finish.
- Boi-ing: Two shades of their industrial strength concealer are included in each kit to match your skin tone; cover dark circles, blemishes and all other sins with this super pigmented concealer!
- Hello Flawless Powder: A tinted powder foundation that glides on like silk with the included brush to even out the look and lock it in place!
I really appreciate the fact Benefit included two different shades of concealer with each kit- because it’s so pigmented, you want to make sure it matches (and if either shade doesn’t match, go ahead and blend them together to make your own custom concealer)! This kit doesn’t just help your complexion… it makes it look flawless!
The Light kit (which is my perfect match) includes the Hello Flawless foundation and powder in Champagne (quite a yellow undertone) as well as Boi-ing shades 01 and 02. The Medium kit includes the Hello Flawless foundation and powder in Honey (a little more neutral toned than the light kit) as well as Boi-ing shades in 02 and 03. The Deep kit includes the Hello Flawless foundation and powder in Amber, as well as Boi-ing shades 04 and 05. I found the Light and Medium kits to be very close in shade (I could probably get away with using the Medium kit for myself), but the Deep kit is very different.
Whether you want to keep it in your bag for touch-ups, take it on a weekend getaway or just try out a few new Benefit products- you’ll want to pick one of these up. They are definitely the top complexion perfecting all-in-one kits the brand has ever released.
- Price: $30 USD / $36 CAD
- Availability: Sephora (August 2012)
- Selection: Available in Light, Medium and Deep (All shown here)
- Overall: I’m impressed with these new complexion kits- they are definitely the best ones Benefit has made this far. Since they contain liquid foundation, concealer and a light powder foundation, they go beyond simply “enhancing” the complexion and actually work on perfecting it. Great for travel, touch-ups or just to try out a few new products from the brand.
- Rating: A-