I need to start off by saying that this gorgeous Benefit Powda Wowza ($28 USD / $36 CDN) face powder trio is no longer available anywhere I’ve tried to look online, and typically that would make me hold back from posting a review, BUT I have seen it at some Benefit counters (like at Shoppers Drug Mart), so not all hope is lost! Pascale actually received this in her $12 Loose Button Luxe Box in January (SO sweet…wish I would have signed up that month), so if this doesn’t make you want to join then I don’t know what will- obviously gems like these don’t happen each month, honestly I’ve seen some of the best goodies ever coming out of those subscription boxes!
This adorable face palette contains three small powders (might I say, three of my favorite powders EVER from Benefit too); Bella Bamba, Coralista and Hoola. The fourth section contains a mini brush which honestly should only be used in cases of extreme emergencies… it’s very small and quite dense so it doesn’t blend very easily. The palette is the perfect size for travelling as well, because having three different Benefit Boxed Powders with you when traveling just isn’t that feasible unless they are in a compact palette form like this!
We all know that I’m head over heels in love with Benefit Boxed Powders, so I’m super happy to see two of my all-time favourites, Hoola and Coralista, along with a pretty good one, Bella Bamba (great color, just a tad too shimmery for my liking). If the third would have been Hervana or Dallas, I would have stocked every store in town for one of these to call my own (even though I already have the full sizes…why do we do that!?). Here are my takes on the three shades:
- Coralista: A gorgeous satiny coral blush; the perfect melody of pink and peach (although next to Bella Bamba, it looks really peachy). Gives the most beautiful flush and glow to the skin that looks great on almost all skin tones.
- Hoola: A perfectly neutral and matte bronzer/contour powder. Usually I stay far away from interchanging bronzers and contour powders, but because this one is both matte and neutral (no orange at all), it can be used to create a gorgeous realistic tan or super sculpted cheekbones.
- Bella Bamba: One of the newest blushes to the line, a super hot pink shade of blush that is really doused with shimmer- great for those who really love the ‘glowy’ cheek, but a little too much for me. I like using a bit of this blush on top of coralista, just where I want a little extra shimmer.
Even though the blushes are a lot smaller (good luck ever finishing one of the full size ones anyways…it’s not easy), you’re going to get tones of use out of them. Plus having them all in one spot is totally convenient! It’s also a great way to try out three of Benefit’s most popular powders before committing to a full size product, because this palette runs the same cost as just one full sized powder. The downside? Miss place it or break it and you’ve gotta kiss all three shades goodbye.
- Price: $28 USD / $36 CDN
- Availability: Some Benefit retailers (sold out most places)
- Overall: A total must have for any Benefit lover that wants to travel easier with their favorite powders, or for someone who wants to try out a couple shades before committing to a full size. Convenient and three gorgeous shades (although I would have swapped Bella Bamba for Dallas or Hervana)- a real gem if you can find it!
- Rating: A