The BITE Beauty Bite Size Discovery Set ($25 USD / $29 CAD) is a new, adorable set of five mini, antioxidant-rich BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipsticks packaged in a small tin has launched just in time for the holidays. This set is limited-edition and available now exclusively at Sephora.
I think this set is so adorable and it caught my eye as I was unpacking a bunch of holiday goodies from Sephora. The tin is about the same size (and totally reminds me of) a pack of Altoids- especially with the paper insert! Inside you’ll find five tiny lipsticks, perfect for travel or just keeping in your purse. The tin also includes a large mirror on the inside- perfect for touch-ups!
This is my first time trying BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipsticks (most of them are available in full-size tubes here, in case you find one you love and want more!) and I must say I’m totally in love with them. They feel and resemble MAC Cremesheen lipsticks a lot, which are my favorite texture of lipstick. The perfect hybrid of medium-to-full coverage color, decent longevity, comfortable wear and a gorgeous sheen.
It’s basically the perfect lipstick formula in my opinion, although it is best for light and mid-tone shades… bold shades require a bit more staying power for me to fall in love. Each mini lipstick contains the same amount of antioxidants found in three glasses of wine, to fight free radicals and deliver potent anti-aging benefits straight to your lips.
The shades include:
- Retsina: a pale nude pink- this is actually a gorgeous nude lip for my skintone! It’s quite similar to MAC Creme d’Nude, but a little more on the cool, powdery pink side.
- Pomegranate: A gorgeous, juicy red with a neutral undertone- a stunning red, however like I said, I prefer bold lips to have a bit more staying power. I’m a little worried about this one smudging because the formula is so creamy and moisturizing.
- Shiraz: A unique, muted plum shade; a dramatic ‘evening’ shade that’s not over-the-top bold
- Fig: A soft, pretty rose pink; a classic shade!
- Musk: A warm, brownish pink; almost a ‘my lips but better’ shade, but adds a hint of warmth. A gorgeous neutral!
I love the range of shades included in this set- its great to keep in your purse or at the office, and you’ll have a nude, red, pink, plum and natural lip ready and waiting for whenver you need! They are very tiny though, so you won’t get too many uses out of them. Also, the bullet of the lipstick sticks out of the tube a bit when it’s fully retracted, so make sure you pay extra attention when putting on the lid so you don’t break it!
Also, here’s a fun fact! These lipsticks are made with natural-food grade ingredients… so they are actually healthy enough to eat! Having said that, they don’t smell or taste particularly wonderful (they don’t smell bad either… they really just have no scent)… so it’s not as tempting. They are formulated without synthetic oils, waxes or petroleum, so that’s a little comforting knowing the average woman ingests 4-7 pounds of lipstick over her lifetime!
- Price: $25 USD / $29 CAD
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: I’m totally loving this discovery set- not only is the shade range perfect, but the lipstick formula feels incredible! Medium-to-full coverage color, comfortable wear and a slight sheen… these lipsticks are great to have on hand. Plus the tin is adorable! A great stocking stuffer for the holidays, or just to keep in your purse!
- Rating: A