Pucker up! The new Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Collection for Fall 2012 has six gorgeous glosses to lacquer your lips with soft, beautiful color. The collection features two of each of the Lip Gloss, Shimmer Lip Gloss and High Shimmer Lip Gloss formulas ($23 USD each), and I’ve got a couple to show you! If you want to see the rest of the collection, check it out here.
It’s no secret that Bobbi Brown is one of my favorite cosmetic lines- and I’ve been a fan of the lip glosses for a long time now (especially the High Shimmer Lip Gloss formulas)! Smooth and creamy on the lips, which a hint mint to give that fresh feeling (it’s a great secret when you just don’t have a toothbrush or mouthwash around before a meeting), these lip glosses are total must haves for me.
The formula itself is somewhat of a hybrid between a completely slick formula and a thick, goopy gloss- they are comfortable, but they still have a bit of substance to them so they don’t come off in 15 minutes. These glosses will last a couple hours on me, yet they never feel icky. The sponge tip applicators are a classic way to apply them with precision.
The glosses I have to show you today are:
- Honeysuckle Lip Gloss: Nude pink with the slightest hint of gold micro-shimmer. This one is definitely my favorite out of the collection, because on top of a nude lipstick, it gives you that perfect nude lip look without being washed out!
- Bronzed Heather High Shimmer Lip Gloss: Nude pink with flecks of gold and pink shimmer; this one is super frosty- so I’d recommend using just a tiny bit on top of your nude lip color for a pop of extra glam shimmer.
- Twilight Shimmer Lip Gloss: A bronzy rose shade with gold shimmer- this is the keep-in-your-purse lipgloss because it will go with nearly every look!
- Evening Rose Lip Gloss: A deep, brownish plum cream. This one is a super sultry pick for evening out!
At first glance, these lip glosses all appear very similar in color… but it’s their textures that set them apart. I wouldn’t say they are all must-haves, but I certainly love how versatile Honeysuckle and Twilight are! These glosses totally pull together the late-summer glow the collection is inspired by!
- Price: $23 USD for 0.24oz / 7mL
- Availability: Bobbi Brown
- Selection: View the entire collection here
- Overall: Great new universal shades to add to the line-up; these ones really pull together the Desert Twilight collection and offer bronzy nudes and pinks with various cream and pearl textures. Not too sticky, but still enough thickness to last on the lips.
- Rating: A-