Another piece from the Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Collection for Fall 2012 is this gorgeous brush kit- four mini brushes tucked away in a metallic faux-leather case, perfect for keeping in your purse for touchups! Another cute limited edition brush kit from Bobbi!
The Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Mini Brush Set ($55 USD) includes four full-sized brush heads atop mini, flattened brush handles. I really do like the flattened handles, because they save a lot of room and can be really compacted down.
The case has an extra pouch inside it to keep a few items in if you want too- like a small lipgloss or powder (it fits the new Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette perfectly). The case has a fold-over lid that secures into the front pouch (I wish it would have a magnetic casp or something though).
The four brushes included are:
- Blush Brush: This little brush reminds me a lot of the Benefit boxed powder brushes, only this one is so much better. It’s so soft, and it blends product beautifully!
- Eye Sweep Brush: A great, simple eyeshadow brush for applying color all over the lid, and even blending.
- Angled Eye Shadow Brush: Very similar to the Eye Sweep brush, only angled and a bit more dense. Great for blending colors into the crease!
- Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush: I don’t really agree that this one is ‘ultra-fine’… in fact its one of the biggest eyeliner brushes I’ve ever used, but it still works well for soft eyeliner and even touching up concealer.
The choice of brushes is pretty good- but like I said, I’m not a huge fan of the eyeliner brush, just because I don’t think it’s really that precise. The price-tag is pretty high, but the quality of Bobbi’s brushes is really outstanding. I think it’s a cute set, but you really have to decide if the value is there for you, because there are a lot of other travel brush kits out there that offer more for the same price.
- Price: $55 USD
- Availability: Bobbi Brown
- Selection: See the entire collection here.
- Overall: A cute and practical travel brush set with excellent quality brushes. I love how they are flattened to be extra space-saving! All of them work well, but i’m not a fan of the ultra-fine brush because I don’t find it to be that precise. It’s quite small compared to other great travel brush sets of comparable price though.
- Rating: B+