The Buxom Time To Shine Lip Collection ($29 USD / $35 CAD) is a brand new set of six mini lip glosses, including four lip polishes (sheer and shimmery) and two lip creams (more pigmented and cream-textured). This limited-edition collection is now available and is exclusive to Sephora.
I’ve been a huge fan of the Buxom Big & Healthy gloss range for a long time- it’s really ‘the plumping gloss for those who dislike plumping glosses’. While most plumping glosses are uncomfortable (and even painful in some instances), these are cooling, refreshing and have a slight tingle (I don’t actually feel any tingle like many claim, however my lips do feel cool). They also have vitamins A and E to smooth and nourish lips.
The shades include…
- Katie: Pale pink with a subtle gold shimmer. Super sheer, but beautiful none-the-less. A great lipstick-topper.
- Sugar: Bronzy-rose with a subtle silver shimmer. A gorgeous neutral that really would go with any look.
- April: A glittery pale pink. One of my favorites- the sparkle is super glam, but doesn’t feel gritty at all.
- Gina: A glittery hot pink. Looks much more subtle on the lips than it does it the tube.
- Berry Blast: A creamy fuchsia. Probably my favorite out of the whole bunch! I love how pigmented it is.
- White Russian: A pale, nude pink cream. This one settled into lip lines a bit (definitely looks more obvious in the macro photo than it did in person though).
The one thing that makes me love this set so much is that I adore each and every single one of the shades. I find in value sets, there’s always one or two shades that I’m not particularly fond of or that don’t suit my skintone, but not with this one! I love all the beautiful pink shades- from subtle and soft to bright and bold.
The variety of texture is awesome too- not only are there two cream shades, but two of the polishes are soft and shimmery (the “Original” formula) and the other two are super glittery (the “Diamond” formula). There’s something for each look you’re doing. The only factor to consider? They are all definitely pink- so you’ve gotta love pink gloss!
The formula is slightly sticky- not as sticky as MAC Lipglass, but it definitely has some substance to it. That gives it a longer wear time, but if you’re not a fan of sticky glosses then you may not enjoy these. Also, the cooling sensation lasts after the gloss has worn off. I find the sensation quite pleasant, however it’s not a feeling that I get used, so it can be a little overwhelming sometimes and I need to switch it up with a regular gloss.
The minis are cute- they’ve been seen as ‘deluxe samples’ in some Sephora gift sets and sample promos- but they do contain 0.07oz each, which is a little less than half of a full gloss (so you’re still getting a really good amount). A fun idea with value sets like these is to break up all the glosses and include one in a gift bag or party favor for any holiday party you’re hosting (or as separate stocking stuffers).
- Price: $29 USD / $35 CAD
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: Love the variety of texture and color in this collection. If you’re a fan of the Buxom gloss range, this set is for you. Six beautiful pink glosses in shimmer, glitter and cream shades. The cooling sensation feels nice, but can be a little overwhelming for some. They are also a bit sticky, so keep that in mind!
- Rating: A-