I can’t even contain my excitement- IMATS Toronto is in exactly one week! This time next week I’ll be shopping, hanging out with my girlfriends and hopefully meeting some of you! I’ll be there on Saturday, November 12 all day and if you’re going PLEASE come and say hi! Half the fun of IMATS is getting to meet some of my readers!
I tried to round up some photos from last years’ IMATS show- just to try to get you a little pumped up and hopefully give you some ideas for what you can put on your wishlist!
First of all, we’ll start off with some of the top brands you’ll be excited to see at IMATS (I can’t remember the discounts but most range from 15-40% off retail prices)
- Alcone - A beauty supply company. They have tons of basics that you need as a makeup artist or even just as a general makeup lover at pretty darn good prices!
- Crown Brush - A huge hit at the IMATS shows and they are at really fantastic prices….just a few dollars for each brush!
- Eve Pearl - The concealer queen! I remember these products still being quite pricey, but they were definitely discounted (just a pricey brand to begin with)
- Eye Kandy - I haven’t bought anything from them yet- but I’m planning to get my hands on some glitter (Stacey Brennan got some last year and it was gorgeous)!
- MAC Pro - Don’t get your hopes up too high- last year they weren’t selling anything except memberships? I just skipped over their booth. Fingers crossed they will have product this year?
- Make Up For Ever - One of the most popular booths at IMATS. If you want anything from them- jet over there first and be prepared to wait in line a few hours.
- Naked Cosmetics - I buy from this company EVERY year. I love their pigment stacks and if I remember correctly, they were 2 for $50?
- NARS - Another booth I skipped over….I don’t even think the 5 items they had for sale were even discounted…
- NYX - A new addition to the IMATS Toronto show last year and a HUGE success. The lineups will be crazy and there will be TONS of makeup at amazing prices….pretty sure I got my lipliners for like $2 each…
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - If you’ve never tried a lip tar, you MUST. They are absolutely incredible! I buy them every year and they’ve started adding a lot more wearable colours too!
- TEMPTU Pro - Love this brand- I purchased my airbrush from them last year and i’m still absolutely in love with it! If you’re thinking of adding airbrushing to your resume, go with these guys. They KNOW what they are talking about and the product is phenomenal.
- Velour Lashes - I haven’t tried these, but from what I hear, I must!
- Zuca - If they are selling bags this year…my wallet is in for a huge disappointment.
One of the things about IMATS that I never really have time to take advantage of is to sit down and watch/listen to some of the guest speakers. They are really fantastic and you can learn A LOT. The problem is that theres SO much going on at IMATS, you really need to figure ahead of time what it is you want to see and do. Some of the education shows that I am particularly interested in are:
- Koren Zander - Also known as EnKore on YouTube- his show is all about “The Power of Color”
- Jenai Chin - Her show on maximizing your airbrush technique is one that I won’t miss!
- Melissa Gibson - This MAC Senior Makeup Artist will show you tips and tricks for makeup of the eras!
- Kevin James Bennett - this emmy award-winning makeup artist will redefine runway looks!
- Eve Pearl - She’s going to discuss the business of beauty- something incredibly valuable for new and established makeup artists
- Elessa Jade - Also known as Pursebuzz will be showing you which makeup brushes you need in your beauty arsenal!
Make sure to take a peek at the student competitions going on- I can’t even tell you how talented these people are and the looks they make are completely out of this world.
Two-day tickets are $65 CDN or $40 for a one-day ticket and they can be purchased here. In my completely honest opinion, you don’t need to go for two days. Just plan it out properly, read blog posts (theres tons) and watch youtube videos on what people bought to get an idea. Research the brands and make your shopping list. Create a schedule for the shows you want to see and keep an “extra” budget for goodies that you’ll see that you didn’t necessarily plan on. The only reason you would want to go two days would be to see the guest speakers and shows. Some of the brands DO re-stock for the Sunday, but last year some did NOT so don’t wait if you know there is something you want to buy!
So! Hopefully that helped to prepare you a bit…get you a little more excited and help start creating your schedule and wishlist! As for my wishlist this year, I’m hoping to get my hands on a Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (can you believe I’ve never tried it!?), some more NYX Lip Pencils & Jumbo Pencils, Eye Kandy Glitter, OCC Airbrush foundation and maybe a few more Lip Tars, Japonesque empty palettes, TEMPTU Airbrush Strap (to carry my compressor) and if Zuca is selling their bags…then I may just have a much more hefty bill then I planned on. I’ll leave you with a few more pictures from last year’s event…can’t wait to share pictures from this year! Be sure to be following me on twitter as i’ll be tweeting pictures throughout the event! Take care all!