The Dior Grand Bal Collection for Holiday 2012 includes two Dior Addict Ultra Glosses ($28 USD / $31 CAD), one in a beautiful gold shimmer and another in a deep red cream. The entire collection is based around a luxe color scheme inspired by Dior’s love of entertaining. This limited-edition collection is now available and is available online and at Dior counters.
These lip glosses are packaged in an elegant tube with brush-tip applicators. I have both colors to show you today, but you can see the rest of the collection here.
The shades include:
- Lamé Gold: Sheer gloss with gold shimmer
- Ceremony Red: A scarlet red cream base with a hint of micro shimmer
Dior Addict Ultra Glosses are a beautiful formulation.. silky and smooth on the lips, and never sticky. They feel ultra moisturizing, but I’m disappointed that they have no scent. I’m not a huge fan of scents in most cosmetics, but lip products are the exception- these don’t smell bad by any means, but they simply lack a sweet or fruity scent that I like to see!
The Lamé Gold shade is definitely the easiest and most fool-proof to apply, but it does have a slight gritty texture. Not one that is noticeable with casual wear, but if you really press your lips together, you can feel it. Because it’s so sheer, it makes a lovely lipstick-topper to add some sparkle and dimension.
Ceremony Red, while a beautiful shade, I found just too difficult to apply. Whenever I wear a bold lip color (be it red, pink, plum, etc) I like to have a bit more substance to the gloss, so I don’t feel like it’s going to slip and slide off. As well, the extra long wand with a tiny brush tip applicator makes precise application really difficult.
I love the formula- it feels so luxurious! I would stick to lighter, easier-to-apply shades like Lamé Gold just to feel more confident. They aren’t the longest lasting, giving about 2 hours of wear, but its a trade up for the comfortable, moisturizing texture.
- Price: $28 USD / $31 CAD for 0.21oz / 6.3mL
- Availability: Nordstrom online and other Dior counters
- Selection: Available in Lamé Gold and Ceremony Red (both shown here)
- Overall: I’m loving the luxurious, comfortable feel of these glosses… but because they are so smooth, they don’t last too long on the lips so I prefer to stick to lighter colors. Lamé Gold is a nice sparkle texture, but Ceremony Red was too difficult to apply with the elongated brush tip applicator.
- Rating: B+