The Dior Grand Bal Collection for Holiday 2012 includes four Dior Diorific Vernis ($28 USD / $31 CAD) in various festive colors and textures. The entire collection is based around a luxe color scheme inspired by Dior’s love of entertaining. This limited-edition collection is now available and is available online and at Dior counters.
These nail polishes are packaged in an elegant bottle that reminds me of holiday ornaments! I have three of the four colors to show you today, but you can see the rest of the collection here.
The shades include…
- Diva: Deep, rich black with gold flecks of glitter
- Marilyn: True, creamy red
- Lady: Pearlescent sheer white
These nail lacquers look gorgeous- the bottles are very different and festive! Diva and Marilyn were both beautifully pigmented and only required two coats for an opaque, high-shine finish.
Diva in particular reminded me of the MAC Everything That Glitters, but much more subtle. Marilyn is a beautiful, classic red- but it’s very dupable. Lady required three coats, and still remained slightly sheer and was quite streaky… but I still loved the pearly finish (I think it would look so elegant over a French Manicure for a holiday party).
These polishes lasted 3 days without chipping, and I was quite impressed with how long they remained shiny! The application was easy, and the thickness was perfect for a smooth application.
- Price: $26 USD / $26 CAD for 0.4oz / 12mL
- Availability: Nordstrom online and other Dior counters
- Selection: Available in Diva, Marilyn, Lady & Diorling (not shown)
- Overall: A great nail polish formula- great consistency and pigmentation (except Lady was a bit sheer, but I think it looks best worn sheer because of its pearlescent finish). Marilyn is a beautiful red, but definitely dupable. Diva is definitely my favorite and reminds me of MAC Everything That Glitters!
- Rating: A-