I rarely reach for pigmented lipsticks or high shine glosses in the summer (that’s just a magnet for my hair in the wind)- so I usually opt for lip balm. Not only does it help to condition and soothe my lips after accidentally spending too much time in the sun, but I just find they feel lighter and simplify my beauty routine on those care-free summer afternoons. Whether they are tinted or clear, I always have at least of couple of these lovely lip balms on hand (and scattered around my apartment too)!
- Jack Black Lip Balm in Lemon & Chamomile: Even though this ultra-hydrating lip balm is marketed towards men, women everywhere love it! Especially with soothing scents like Lemon & Chamomile, this lip balm is one of my favorites to keep on my nightstand and apply before bed to ensure my lips are always nourished.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmer Lip Balm: Pretty much the cutest lip balm ever- these subtly-sweet honey-scented lip balm has a lovely soft shimmer and comes in a beehive-like sphere. Perfect for summer!
- Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in Fierce N Tangy: I love lip balms that look totally crazy in the tube, but go on softly. This neon yellow balm is the same great formula we all love from Baby Lips, but goes on clear with just a hint of shine.
- Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil: The most luxurious lip balm I’ve ever tried… this formula is more of a gelled oil, and the 24K gold-plated applicator always feels cool and soothing on the lips. The ultimate treatment for chapped, sunburnt or dry lips.
- Vichy Capital Soleil Lip Protection SPF 30: We slather on the SPF all over our face and bodies without a second thought, but don’t forget your lips! This lip balm has SPF 30, which is great for a day at the beach or outdoor sports.
- Lise Watier Sweet Lips in Pistachio: My favorite desert is now a lip balm too! These adorable macaron-inspired lip balms look like our favorite dainty treats and even smell like them too! My favorite has got to be this one in Pistachio!
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Sweet Violet: For an all-natural alternative with a hint of color, check out these tinted lip balms. Not only do they come in a wide variety of shades, but the cooling sensation as they apply to the lips feels so nice on a hot, sunny day!