March means spring and spring means summer is soon (or at least that’s how I like to look at it), so I’m quite excited this month is already here! This month is going to be quite busy- hosting a baby shower for a close friend and gathering all my things, packing up and moving at the end of the month…Here are a few of my picks for March that I’ve been particularly enjoying lately.
- Urban Decay De Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray - I raved a little while ago about how much I loved Urban Decay’s All Nighter, but my only complaint is that it left me looking a little too glowy- I prefer to add the sheen where I want it and stay matte everywhere else (it tends to make me look a bit oily). I decided to try their mattefying one and while I wouldn’t say its completely mattefying, I do think it makes me look a heck of a lot less shiny than the original. Of course, keeps my makeup looking fresh and budgeproof all night as it should too!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils in Electric, Ransom and Mildew – One of my favorite beauty purchases in recent history has to be my “investment” in the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil 15 Year Anniversary Collection, as I’m a total bold eyeliner addict- however if you don’t have the cash to make the investment (which really turns out to be a huge value), many of the eyeliners from this set can be purchased individually. My favorites at the moment are Electric, a bold neon blue; Ransom, a gorgeous royal purple and Mildew, a lovely green.
- Benefit Bella Bamba Face Powder – The newest Benefit boxed baby and she’s pretty darn cute (everything except the packaging, but I go into more detail in the full review here). This blush is really for hot pink blush lovers, and while it is a little more shimmery than I would prefer, it actually looks quite natural when used with a light hand. The perfect shade for spring!
- Balmshell Lipgloss in Ah The Classic - Not only is the packaging adorable (I already put the detachable end onto my keychain) but this hot pink, shimmery gloss is gorgeous and very wearable! All of the Balmshell lipglosses are sheer (but sheer done right!) so it adds a hint of smooth color without being overpowering.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion – I’ve been in love with this lotion for years, but I had to mention it here because sometimes you just can’t help falling in love with your skincare all over again right? This lotion is lightweight but moisturizes SO well..it’s literally like a drink of water for your skin. It makes my skin feel comfortable and I’ve never broken out from it…it’s such a keeper.
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick - Just released last month, the new Viva Glam Gaga lipstick & lipglass have been a huge buzz. I like to make my little contribution to the MAC Viva Glam charity whenever they bring out some new products, so I went for the lipstick (I’m kinda a nude lipstick junkie). The lipglass was a tad to deep for my liking, but this lipstick, when I wear it very lightly, is quite beautiful and layers great with other lipglosses! And yes, that IS my kiss in the picture!
- Sally Hershberger Salon Shape Up - My hair is straight as a board and limp as overcooked spaghetti. It has no volume, no life and the longer it gets, the less it likes to hold any style. I was in need of a good root lifter, so I went for this deliciously scented product from Sally and I really like it! It may not be life changing, but I do think it gives a bit of life and volume.