My picks for this month may be a little late (my apologies- I was laying on a beach all last week!) but here they are none the less! Just a few picks for this month that I’ve really been using and see myself loving even more throughout the month of February.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($29 USD / $35 CDN) – I’ve really been into this setting spray lately, especially when I know that I have a long day coming up or that I’ll have to brave some cold wind (or in last week’s case, hot sun!). This helps keep my makeup looking fresh. I did recently pick up the De-Slick version (matte and oil-absorbing) as this one tends to leave an all-over-glow that can kinda look like an oily complexion if you aren’t careful. Will report soon on the sister spray!
- mark. calming effect milk cleanser ($8 USD / $10 CDN) - Not only do I adore the scent (soothing banana & oat) but this cleanser actually does a pretty good job! My skin feels comfortable afterwards and quite smooth. It can’t get off stubborn waterproof mascara, but it does get rid of foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, etc. which helps to cut down the bedtime skincare routine! Has it taken over my beloved Cetaphil cleanser? I don’t think I’m ready to say that yet… :)
- Sally Hershberger Salon Mineral Spray ($24 USD / $24 CDN) – Even if this stuff didn’t work I’d still buy it for the scent it leaves in my hair…like coconut and happiness (yes.) This is a texturizing spray that helps to define layers and give some texture to the hair. I have poker-straight locks, so scrunching damp hair won’t do anything for me (but it will work wonders for those with waves!) but when I curl my hair, I love to use this to give it shine, body and texture. I also just picked up the Shape Up root lifter, so I’ll review that soon too!
- Sigma Make Me Blush Brush Kit ($99 USD) – Launched earlier this year, these little Sigma kits are a must have for every makeup lover. The hardest decision you’ll have to make is which color! I think they are all gorgeous, but I’ve especially been loving the coral kit (Make Me Blush)! This kit contains their amazing 12-piece original brush kit perfectly packaged in a protective case that doubles as a vanity top storage solution!
- Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Original Foundation ($25 USD / $31 CDN) - I go through phases of loving mineral makeup, and I’m currently in that phase! When i’m in it, I always turn to bareMinerals (can’t go wrong with them)! I prefer the original formula in shade Medium Beige…it lasts all day, feels light as air (can’t feel it at all) and is “so pure you can sleep in it”…haven’t tried that, but I wouldn’t be scared to either!
- Philosophy Pure Grace Rollerball Fragrance ($18 USD / $23 CDN) – I only wore Philosophy fragrances for years (we all know that Flowerbomb now holds my heart, but I’ll never completely leave the ‘Graces’). This perfume smells like plain old soap and water. Sounds strange, right? Well it’s actually surprisingly pleasant! A quick roll of this fragrance will leave you smelling squeaky clean like you just hopped out of the shower, and may I argue that is one of the most amazing scents in the world- fresh, clean and simple.
What are you loving for this month? I’d love to hear your latest loves below!