I’m really loving the simplistic approach that Giorgio Armani has taken this season for the Easy Chic Collection for Fall 2012. The collection includes two face & eye palettes, three lipsticks and two waterproof eyeliners. That’s it! The carefree yet sophisticated vibe of the collection is reflected in the products themselves.
I’ve been playing with one of the palettes and one of the lipsticks lately. The palettes utilize a new Color-FIl technology to the brand, which delivers uniform color payoff in an intensely pigmented formula.
The Giorgio Armani Face & Eye Palette in Neo Black ($88 USD / $95 CAD) is a black lacquered compact with two tiers and a magnetic closure (similar to the lipsticks). The first tier contains the velvety face powder, which is quite transparent. It almost looks like a setting powder, but it has a bit of a deeper nude hue. It works to give a bit of color to the skin, but I still feel like I need a separate blush.
The second tier contains three eyeshadows; a soft shimmery beige, a greyish satin taupe and a deep matte black. The colors are ultra rich- some of the nicest eyeshadows I’ve used. They blend beautifully on the lids! I really love how this palette can be used sparingly for a subtle daytime look, or built-up for a smoky, dramatic look. The black eyeshadow has also become one of my new favorites for lining my eyes (it’s that pigmented)!
The colors don’t crease on me, but I would still recommend an eyeshadow primer for maximum wear. The palette also includes sponge applicators, but I’m not a fan of those (and honestly I would have expected some higher-quality applicators than these).
The Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani Lipstick in 408 Rosewood Red ($30 USD / $38 CAD) is the deepest shade out of the three. These lipsticks are truly luxurious- intense pigmentation with a gorgeous glossy shine (yet they don’t feel like they are going to slip and slide all over your lips). They are super comfortable and wear for hours without fading. I definitely recommend wearing this lipstick with a lipliner first though, just because it is so pigmented!
I’m also in love with the packaging of the lipstick- the magnetic cap ensures you’ll never have the two pieces rolling around separately in your purse… and the engraved Giorgio Armani logo is stunning too.
Look Book: Easy Chic
- Price: $88 USD / $95 CAD (Face & Eye Palette) $30 USD / $38 CAD (Lipstick)
- Availability: Nordstrom & Holt Renfew, August 2012
- Selection: 2 Face & Eye Palettes, 3 Lipsticks & 2 Eyeliners
- Overall: I’m loving the simplistic approach to this elegant collection; the Face & Eye Palettes are stunning! I do wish the face powder was a bit more pigmented, like a plum or rose blush, but the eyeshadows are absolutely out of this world in terms of pigmenation and texture. I love the combination of mattes and shimmers. The lipstick is the definition of luxury- it feels incredible while delivering incredible pigment and shine.
- Rating: A- (Face & Eye Palette… would be an A+ if the blush was better) and A (Lipstick)