Goody is launching a whole bunch of new collections for Spring 2012. I had the awesome pleasure of attending their preview event, so I’ve been playing around with these goodies for quite a while now! Some of them look familiar, some look scary and some look straight up weird, I know- but let me show you what they are, what they do and why you might need them!
The Goody QuikStyle collection was designed to help cut down on drying time- something many of my fellow long-haired ladies struggle with. I don’t know about you, but I hate blow-drying my hair because it just takes way too long. If I start, I usually give up half-way and let my hair air dry, if I even attempt to at all. The collection includes two pieces (perhaps with more to come in the future?):
- Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush ($15.99 CDN): Designed to remove 30% of water from hair, this brush is equipped with anti-microbial microfiber bristles mixed in with the regular bristles, working like an absorbent towel as you brush your hair. The brush also has side ventilation to help increase airflow while you’re blowdrying. While the funky-looking microfiber bristles do help to remove excess water, I think the real winning feature is the side-vents. It re-directs the air to the surrounding hair to help dry it off as you use the brush to blow-dry. You may think it would feel weird or not brush hair properly, but it does. The trick is to clean it often though… the hair can get tangled in the cloth long before you start to see it.
- Goody QuikStyle Detangling Comb ($7.49 CDN): Designed to remove 20% of water from hair, this brush combines two rows of staggered teeth to gently detangle hair, and wicks away water with the squeegee-type blade between the two rows. It works with soaking wet hair, and has a hook to leave it in your shower. I usually wring out my hair pretty good when i’m done showering, so I don’t find this one actually removes 20% of the water…but it does a good job of detangling!
Thick Fix Collection
Simple Styles Fountain Flip
If you’re like me and really don’t like spending more than 2 minutes styling your hair, you’re going to love the Goody Simple Styles Fountain Flip ($6.99 CDN). This little claw-pick-and-pony-tail contraption is actually a really cool device to make a cute hairstyle in seconds. Basically, you secure your hair into a pony tail, flip it over and insert the pick through the bottom (detailed instructions are on the packaging), you end up with a super voluminous pony tail! Only downside, it’s really only good for those with long, fairly thick hair. Available in light and dark shades for different hair colors!
Sometimes, choosing the right hair tools is more of a task then actually using them. That’s why I’m a huge fan of this Start.Style.Finish Collection– I even saw how neat and organized the display is, so it takes all the guess-work out of choosing your styling tools. Simply pick a brush from each “number” (1 is for detangling and sectioning, 2 is for teasing and lifting and 3 is for smoothing and finishing). I took home the one from the “Start” line, meant for frizz-control blow drying! Other tools include round brushes, back-combing brushes and more. Prices range from $5.29 CDN to $11.29 CDN.
Dent-less Waves and Select-a-Curl Rollers
If you know me, I have the hardest hair in the world to curl, so I’m always looking at new styling tools to help me get those gorgeous beachy waves with ease. I was eyeing these two sets in particular at the event:
- Dent-less Waves ($13.99 CDN): These foam curlers made me reminisce of my childhood as my mom would curl up my damp hair at night with foam rollers, except those ones would leave kicks and dents because of the plastic clips. These ones have a velcro closure that is adjustable and soft, so you’re left with soft, flowing waves. I liked these rollers because they were easy to sleep on (which I found I had to do, my hair just took too long to dry in them… even with a blast of my blow dryer). The kit comes with 9 rollers which I found was just enough to do my hair. Definitely would prefer to have a couple extra in the kit… but it’s do-able.
- Select-a-Curl Rollers ($14.99 CDN): I don’t know why these haven’t been invented already, but if you’re a fan of velcro rollers for building awesome volume and height, then you’ve probably experienced the “which size roller do I use” frustration… Huge kits of varying sizes, not quite sure which to use… this system is a great answer to that! These rollers are made of the same material as those slap-on-bracelets from our childhood, so they conform to whatever shape you want! Big, medium, small- the choice is yours and it’s simple to do. The set comes with 6 velcro strips.
GLAM Summer Trends Collection
Exclusive to Wal-Mart, the Goody GLAM Collection is full of bright, colourful accessories for Spring and Summer. Fabric headbands, bold flower clips, bejewelled barrettes- the collection is huge so you’ll just have to go check out all the cute add-ons that take your style to the next level. My favorite item out of the collection are the cute little barettes- simple and sophisticated, they really glam up my look in a flash! Prices range from $4.99 CDN to $6.99 CDN.
- Price: Prices are stated within each collection
- Availability: Goody.com and Various Drugstores (GLAM Collection is exclusive to Wal-Mart)
- Selection: These are only a few samples from each collection, please stay tuned to Goody.com to see all the products.
- Overall: I’m definitely loving the QuikStyle Collection- I can blow dry my hair to completion in under 10 minutes now! The rest of the collections are great as well, but many items are targeted for specific hair types. Overall the selection is great and the styling tools are super helpful to create quick and easy hairstyles, so there’s something for everyone in these collections.
- Rating: QuikStyle (A), Thick Fix (B+), Simple Styles Fountain Flip (B+), Start.Style.Finish (A-), Dent-less Waves (B+), Select-a-Curl Rollers (A-), GLAM (A-)