Lipstick is supposed to look and feel luxurious, and these new Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colors ($26 USD / $32 CAD each) are the total definition of the word! Available in ten beautiful shades, this new lipstick formula from Laura Mercier offers medium-to-full coverage color in a variety of nudes, pinks and reds that are perfect for the fall season.
Each lip color is encased in a chunky, metallic square tube (I love how easy it is to find in a purse without looking)! The rich colors glide on like silk and feel so moisturizing. I haven’t felt a lip color this luxurious since first discovering the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté lip colors! Despite their creaminess, they actually last quite a long time on the lips- about 4-6 hours for me (not quite the 8 hours they claim to, but pretty good in my books for such a silky formula).
Formulated with olive oil and vitamin E, these go beyond beautiful color to truly nourish and hydrate your lips… so you don’t get that dry feeling as they start to wear off. They stay put nicely without bleeding or feathering, but I would recommend using a lip liner for some of the deeper shades. All of the lip colors have a semi-luminous texture- basically meaning they have a slight sheen to them, but they’re not glossy or matte.
The formula is also fragrance-free, which usually I’m scared about because that means that the product will just smell like cheap, ‘plastic-y’ makeup… but these don’t at all. They virtually have no scent, so that’s nice for those that are in search of fragrance-free products. I usually do prefer to have a little scent in my lip products though, it’s the one part of my face that doesn’t get irritated by it!
The shades I’ve been wearing are…
- Spiced Rose: A soft, mid-tone rose.. perfect for everyday wear! You can’t go wrong with this shade.
- Plum Orchid: A vibrant, fuchsia pink. One of my favorite bold pinks of the moment!
- Dulce de Lechee: A mid-tone brownish rose, great for warmer complexions this fall
- Sienna: One of my absolute favorite vampy reds! Looks just like red wine.
I’m really loving the formula of these lip colors, and I hope that Laura Mercier extends the shade range to include some more brights and pale nudes!
- Price: $26 USD / $32 CAD for 0.14oz
- Availability: Sephora
- Selection: See all 10 shades here
- Overall: I’m really enjoying this new, silky formula. It feels wonderful on the lips, yet has fairly decent staying power (not quite what they claim though). I love how hydrating they feel on the lips! I’d definitely like to see more shades though.
- Rating: A