I’m always excited to try out new Canadian beauty brands, and Lippy Girl is not only cute and colourful, but playful as well (great for gag gifts for your girlfriends with names like the ones you’re about to see). Right now the brand only sells these organic mineral lipsticks and blushes, so the line isn’t too big, but hopefully we’ll see them expanding in the near future. The BC-based brand is pretty inside and out- being eco-friendly, vegan, organic and cruelty-free, you can feel really good about trying out these products. Let’s check out a few of them!
The products come in cute baby pink boxes with the Lippy Girl logo on them, clearly stating “Organic” in the title of both blush & lipstick products. The lipsticks are full size, but come in smaller tubes then I’ve seen in most other brands, which I like because they are clutch friendly. The cute black tubes look nice, but I do feel they could be a bit higher quality. Pulling the cap off of one of the lipsticks caused the tube to pull right out of the base… not sure if its supposed to be removable, but I just found it came off too easily. The other lipstick is fine, but overall the plastic feels a bit cheap (not a deal-breaker though). The blushes come in small black compacts with clear lids, similar to what you’d find a MAC Mineralized blush in. Same plastic feeling, but overall a bit more sturdy.
The Organic Lipsticks ($15.50 CDN) are made with all-natural ingredients and organic oils, and they are coloured with natural titanium oxides, not petroleum derivatives or dyes. They are super glossy and highly pigmented, yet the formula itself is quite then and gel-like. They remind me of the new Bobbi Brown lipsticks, with a gel base to deliver pigment. It works really well and the color payoff is super vibrant, and they are incredibly moisturizing, but they don’t always feel “set” on my lips… sort of like I could smudge them easily. They aren’t super long-wearing, but they make up for it in comfort…you’ll want to reapply them because they feel so good! I really would love to try out some of the more pale and nude shades to see how confident I feel with them on.
- Sassy Ass: A super vibrant pink that looks almost neon! Similar in color to Milani Haute Flash lipgloss in Flash (see it on my lips here), but much more light on the lips. Gorgeous shine!
- Mother Pucker: Their signature red that’s true to color and super glossy. I love how retro this shade is!
The Organic Mineral Blushes ($15.50 CDN) are the total stars of this line for me… baked with organic jojoba oil, natural clay and minerals- these blushes have some of the most incredible pigmentation I’ve ever seen. Even the light pale pink blush really shows up on the skin without looking chalky at all! They last all day for me and can be worn very lightly or built up for a bold pop of color. I would even double these as eyeshadows because they are just so stunning and pigmented! The only problem I ran into was that one of the shades turned out to be a whole lot different on the skin then in the pan, so that might be something to think about and be aware of. I seriously want all the blushes!
- Wall Flower: A pale pink shade with surprisingly awesome pigmentation- I’ve never come across a blush this pale with such pigmentation. The satin finish doesn’t look chalky or fake- it’s really amazing!
- Bitch Slap: This ‘red berry’ blush looks like a deep raspberry shade in the pan, but translated into a burnt orange color when I swatched it and wore it. The shade is still beautiful, but it was just an unexpected result! Insane pigment!
- Price: Lipsticks ($15.50 CDN for 0.13oz / 3.8g ) and Blushes ($16.50 CDN 0.15oz / 3.8g)
- Availability: eBeauty.ca
- Selection: Various shades for both lipsticks and blushes
- Overall: I’m quite impressed with this Canadian brand! The packaging could be improved a bit for a more high quality feel, but the products are already there. Super pigmented, smooth and creamy and a pretty good price point. Plus they are good for the environment and our furry friends.
- Rating: Lipsticks (A-) and Blushes (A)