I’m a huge fan of multi-tasking products, especially if they are in pencil form… so these Lise Watier Lip Kiss Crayon Glosses ($18 CAD each) get extra bonus points! Lip pencil, color and gloss all in one, these juicy lip colors are perfect for those that wan to simplify their beauty routine.
These remind me a lot of the Urban Decay Supersaturated High Gloss Lip Colors, which I absolutely love, however these ones aren’t as long-wearing. These ones also vary in texture and pigmentation quite a bit- from sheer washes of color to intense, opaque coverage. Also, they smell amazing… like a fruity candy!
The texture is super creamy, which is good (because it glides on smoothly) but it can also be a little difficult to be precise with the more pigmented shades. They each leave your lips with a gorgoeus color and a high-shine texture, so you can skip the gloss!
The shades I’ve been playing with are:
- Passion Fuchsia: Definitely my favorite; just the right amount of hot pink color with the shine of a gloss! It’s a beautiful shade and quite easy to apply.
- Mango Punch: A bright orange shade that looks a little more coral on the lips than it does in the tube- this one is a lot more sheer than the other two. It’s really just a wash of color, wish makes it fool-proof to apply but isn’t as easy to build up the color.
- Rouge Flamenco: This deep, metallic red has a shimmery finish to it and is incredibly opaque- almost so opaque its difficult to apply the creamy pencil precisely! I’d recommend using a lip pencil first to make sure the edges are nice and clean, which may take away from point of the pencil (its still a beautiful shade though).
I think these are definitely some of my favorite products from the brand- but remember, the more pigmented they are, the more difficult they are to apply because of the creamy formula. Since they aren’t super long-wearing (yet totally comfortable), i’d stick to the sheer-to-medium coverage shades on this one!
- Price: $18 CAD for 0.1oz / 2.8g
- Availability: Lise Watier and retailers like Shoppers Drug Mart
- Overall: I’m really loving these juicy colors! Super creamy with a high shine finish, I love that they work like a pencil, color and gloss all in one! I’d stick to the sheer-to-medium coverage shades though, the more pigmented ones can be a little hard to be precise with such a creamy pencil.
- Rating: A