Blue eyeshadow can be a little intimidating- I know that I usually feel quite reluctant to do a bold, blue eye for fear of looking too “Mimi-ish”, but there is definitely a sophisticated and elegant way to use blues. The new Yves Saint Laurent Northern Lights Collection for Holiday 2012, inspired by the dazzling colors of the Aurora Borealis, uses blue, purple and grey shades in such a way that they flow together beautifully and have striking result (in a good way)! The Yves Saint Laurent Boréal Palette in Arctic Night is the stunning signature piece of the collection, and was my muse for this look.
I started by applying a white base all over my lids and inner corner to create a bright canvas, allowing the shades to look even more vibrant. Then I applied the deepest navy shade all over my lid with a damp brush, and patted a bit of the aqua eyeshadow on top of the inner 1/3 of the eye. Next I blended the unique rosy-brown eyeshadow into the crease and added some sparkle to the inner tear duct area with the lightest, pale blue shade. I lined my lash line with black gel eyeliner and added a white eyeliner to my lower waterline for an intense effect. Next I applied purple mascara and false lashes to finish off the eyes. I then applied a bright pink blush to the apples of my cheeks and finished off the look with a nude lipstick.
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 115
- Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Natural
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
- Benefit Brow Zings in Medium
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Yves Saint Laurent Boréal Palette in Arctic Night
- Yves Saint Laurent Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils in 1 Deep Black
- Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara in 7 Casis Obscure
- Ardell Accent Lashes #311