Step 1Using the Yves Saint Laurent Y Facettes Eye Collector Palette, foil the emerald green eyeshadow all over the lid and up to the crease with a damp shader brush.
Step 2Use a dense, tapered brush to apply the blue azurite eyeshadow into the crease and concentrating the colour around the outer "V".
Step 3Dampen a stiff, angled brush and apply the amethyst purple eyeshadow to the lower lashline. Using the eyeshadow wet turns it into a creamy eyeliner!
Step 4Apply several coats of the Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in No.21 Green Emerald to the upper and lower lashes, for thick, defined lashes with a hint of green color.
Step 5Apply your favorite false lashes to enhance the look.
Tip: Cut strip lashes in the middle and only apply the outer half for a more natural-looking effect.
Step 6Apply the Yves Saint Laurent Crème de Blush in No.7 Red Agate to the apples of the cheeks, blending backwards towards the hairline. Use a duo fiber brush to buff it into the skin flawlessly!
Step 7Layer on the Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm in No.12 Tasty Raspberry for a hint of soft pink color with a high-shine finish. So moisturizing!
Step 8Apply two coats of the Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture in No.34 Jade Impérial to your nails to finish off the look.
Spring is truly the season to really have fun with color. The long, dark winter season comes to an end, and colorful makeup not only brightens your look, but also you mood. The Yves Saint Laurent Arty Stone Collection for Spring 2013 is a gorgeous palette of mineral and crystalline colors inspired by precious stones… jade, amethyst, azurite, emerald, ruby and more. Beautiful, yet sophisticated, the colors in this collection are easy to use and incorporate into new looks and techniques.
I took inspiration from the lovely promo photo, becuase the makeup worked with all of the colors in the collection so perfectly; emerald, azurite and amethyst on the eyes with subtle hints of pink to soften the look and give a feminine touch.
What I’m Wearing…
- Foundation: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 115
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
- Powder: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
- Eyebrows: Maybelline Master Shape in Brunette
- Eyeshadow: Yves Saint Laurent Y Facettes Eye Collector Palette (Spring 2013)
- Mascara: Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in No.21 (Spring 2013)
- False Lashes: Monda Studio Demi Whispies
- Blush: Yves Saint Laurent Crème de Blush in No.07 Red Agate (Spring 2013)
- Lipstick: Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Sheer Candy in No.12 Tasty Raspberry (Spring 2013)
- Nail Polish: Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Couture in No.34 Jade Impérial (Spring 2013)