I’ve been so excited for the MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection for Fall 2012 for such a long time now, even though the collection didn’t wow me, I certainly had to recreate retro, Marilyn-inspired look using a few pieces from the collection (I tried to get a blonde wig, but no dice- and don’t worry, I didn’t chop my hair for this look)! I do love the way it turned out in the end anyways! Check out all of my reviews here.
I applied Forever Marilyn Beauty Powder all over my face and concentrated The Perfect Cheek blush on the apples of my cheeks. I then applied Preferred Blonde eyeshadow all over the lid and used a bit of a matte brown eyeshadow to contour the crease. I created a pin-up style liquid eyeliner and added some black mascara and flare lashes. I then used a bit of black eyeshadow on my lower lashline to create a ‘shadow’ at the outer corner (a trick that Marilyn Monroe herself loved to do) to give the appearance of fuller upper lashes. I applied Charmed I’m Sure lipstick and topped it off with a bit of Little Rock dazzleglass!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup in 2.0
- Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in FBI
- MAC Beauty Powder in Forever Marilyn (MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection for Fall 2012)
- MAC Large Eye Shadow in Preferred Blonde (MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection for Fall 2012)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Espresso (Crease & brows)
- Dior Style Liner
- Monda Studio Flare Short Lashes
- Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara
- MAC Eye Shadow in Carbon (lower lashline to create the ‘shadow’)