Step 1Apply a matte off-white eyeshadow from lashline to brow bone to create a bright, nude base. Here, I'm using 'Venus' from the new Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette.
Step 2Next, add a little definition to the crease by applying a soft, matte brown eyeshadow, like 'Naked2'. Follow your natural contour for a shadow-like effect.
Step 3Line the upper lashline with a black eyeshadow like 'Crave'; this will help even out the 'weight' of the blue eyeliner on the waterline for a lifted look.
Step 4Line the waterline with the Lancôme Kohl In Love in Jade Crush, slightly going over the edge of the lashline to intensify the line.
Step 5Curl lashes and apply a few coats of your favorite jet black mascara.
Step 6Apply waterproof mascara to the tips of the lower eyelashes, making sure not to smudge any mascara on the blue eyeliner.
Step 7Lightly sweep the Lancôme Blush In Love in Pommettes d'Amour onto the apples of the cheeks, blending backwards towards the hairline.
Step 8Apply the Lancôme Baume In Love in 110 Urban Ballet to lips for a sheer wash of pink and a high-gloss finish.
Step 9Apply two coats of the Lancôme Vernis In Love in 134B Peach Melodie to your nails to finish off the look and give a final punch of color.
Despite the fact it’s a chilly -32ºC outside today, I’m feeling all warm and tropical because of the Lancôme In Love Collection for Spring 2013. This gorgeous collection is full of juicy pinks, spicy corals and vibrant blues that just make you want to grab your beach towel and sunglasses for an afternoon by the pool. The moment I laid eyes on the lovely eyeliner in Jade Crush, I knew that this was the look I wanted to do. This is my favorite way to use color without going over-the-top… it’s simple, quick and looks striking!
It was the perfect opportunity to use the new Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette as well; to show that not only is it a great palette for everyday looks, but it’s an awesome set of complementary neutrals when a basic, matte nude eye is needed.
Piña Colada, anyone?
What I’m Wearing…
- Foundation: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 115
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
- Powder: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
- Eyebrows: Maybelline Master Shape in Brunette
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
- Mascara: Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Mascara in Black
- Eyeliner: Lancôme Kohl in Love in No.501 Jade Crush (Spring 2013)
- Blush: Lancôme Blush in Love in Pommettes d’Amour (Spring 2013)
- Lip Balm: Lancôme Baume in Love in No.110 Urban Ballet (Spring 2013)
- Nail Polish: Lancôme Vernis in Love in No.134B Peach Melodie (Spring 2013)