Of course I couldn’t do my usual type of look for the Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Collection for Holiday 2012. I mean really, look at those lashes! There’s no way to wear those in a subtle way, so I saw it as an opportunity to get creative and artsy. I’ve never done a cut crease before… ever (I never really thought about doing one, really). I wanted to do a look inspired by the colors and textures from the collection (especially the Prestigious Bordeaux palette), but not simply re-creating the Mon Shu look. I like the way it turned out, even though I wouldn’t be comfortable going out in public like this, I think that it actually looks quite pretty without the lashes (last photo below)! Check out my review of the palette here.
I drew a line through the crease with the Silk Smooth Eye Shadow in B1 and blended it up towards the brow bone (using a bit of Eye Shadow in B3). I then applied the glittery orange Eye Shadow in B5 between the lashline and crease, making sure to keep a sharp edge at the crease. Next I lined my upper and lower lashline with the Painting Liner in Blackish Purple Satin and applied black mascara. I applied the Prestigious Eyelashes (but I think I prefer the look without them). I used the Glow On in B6 from the palette on my cheeks as a blush, and finished off the look with Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Luxe Burgundy.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup in 2.0
- Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in FBI
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
- Shu Uemura Karl for Shu Eye and Cheek Palette in Prestigious Bordeaux B6 (Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Collection for Holiday 2012)
- Shu Uemura Karl for Shu Eye and Cheek Palette in Prestigious Bordeaux B1, 3 & 5 (Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Collection for Holiday 2012)
- Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Painting Liner in Blackish Purple Satin (Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Collection for Holiday 2012)
- Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara
- Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Prestigious False Eyelashes (Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Collection for Holiday 2012)