This week I had the pleasure of attending the beautiful L’Oreal Paris Holiday Party & Spring 2013 Preview Event at the Trump Hotel in Toronto. It was a gorgeous, festive event full of bloggers, editors, beauty products and of course.. lots, and lots of chocolate (they sure know the key to our hearts)!
I was able to mix and mingle with some of my favorite blogging buddies, as well as meet some new ones as we sipped on candy cane martinis and nibbled on chocolate-covered everything (I particularly loved the strawberries). We were able to preview some of the upcoming goodies from L’Oreal Paris that you’ll be seeing soon- and I must admit that I’m totally giddy about some of them (hello, lip stains)!
One of the most exciting launches that L’Oreal showed us was their new Color Genius iPhone App! It’s free to download, and takes the guesswork out of what lipstick, nail polish and eyeshadow shades to use to coordinate with your outfit. Simply snap a photo of your clothing and the app will pull some of the key colors and offer makeup suggestions to match, flow with or even contrast your outfit (plus you can specify whether it’s for daytime or night). Quite “genius”, I must say!
There was also a bunch of awesome new products to check out! I took some photos, but here’s a complete list of what you can get excited for…
- Colour Riche Caresse Shine Stain Lip Colors ($12.99 CAD) – A glossy lip stain available in 12 colors, formulated with 30% water and light shine oils. Available in January 2013, these lip stains feel incredibly similar to one of my favorite lip products ever, the YSL Vèrnis a Lèvres Glossy Stains!
- Color Riche Serum Anti-Aging Lip Colors ($10.99 CAD) – Lipsticks with a Hyaluronic Acid & Pro-Xylane serum to plump lips and intensely hydrate. Available in February 2013 in 18 shades!
- Color Riche Eye Shadow Quads ($11.99 CAD) – Four expertly-coordinated shades in each palette, these eyeshadows are formulated with micro-milled pigments in a clear base for intense, crisp color that is never chalky or powdery. Available in 20 different quads and available in January 2013.
- Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara ($12.99 CAD) – Containing 200 bristles, the lash-hugging brush is ergonomically shaped to fit the contour of the eye and capture each lash for incredible length and definition. Available in regular and waterproof formulas; in stores in January 2013.
- Voluminous 24H Black Smoke Mascara ($11.99 CAD) – For the ultimate smoky eye, this mascara uses a unique black pigment technology for ultra-dark, matte lashes. Available in January 2013.
- Infallible The Super Slim 12H Eyeliner ($10.99 CAD) – With a 0.4mm tip, this liquid felt-tip eyeliner is the ultimate in precision; plus it has incredible lasting power that stays for 12 hours without fading, cracking smudging or turning ashy. Available in January 2013.
- True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer ($12.99 CAD) – The newest member of the True Match family, this creamy full-coverage concealer masks blemishes, dark circles and other imperfections with ease. Perfect for on-the-go touch-ups too. Available in 6 shades in January 2013.
- Visible Lift Colour Blush ($16.99 CAD) – These blushes feature Tourmaline, an energizing mineral, that adds radiance and luminosity into mature skin. A creamy powder with zero talc or wax available in 6 glowing shades. In stores January 2013.
- Age Perfect Instant Glow BB Cream ($26.99 CAD) – Created especially for mature skin, this deeply-hydrating, luminescent BB Cream helps to reduce age spots and the appearance of wrinkles over time while illuminating the skin instantly for a bright complexion. Available in one shade in February 2013.
- Ideal Skincare ($9.99 CAD – $12.99 CAD) – A new line for complete skin hydration, UV protection and skin-type appropriate treatments, this new line of cleansers and moisturizers are perfect for creating your own customized skincare routine. Available in a variety of types (see photo below) in February 2013.
- Powder Moisture Haircare ($5.99 CAD – $9.99 CAD) – A new line of shampoo, conditioner and treatment mask that contain 10x more moisture than traditional hair care products. Designed specifically for normal to dry hair and available mid-February 2013.
- Elnett Satin Heat Sprays ($9.99 CAD) – The Elnett family is expanding (yes!!!) to include these three new heat protectant sprays. Including one for curls, for straight hair and one for volumne, these sprays protect hair from heat styling tools (up to 230ºC / 446ºF) and locks in your style for three full days. Available this December 2012!
- Healthy Look Crème Color Gloss Hair Color ($11.99 CAD) – A new semi-permanent hair color system available in 28 shades that leaves hair super soft, glossy and rich in color for 28 washes. In store February 2013.
- Color Riche Nail Color Shades ($6.99 CAD) – Eight new shades of this nail polish will be available in January 2013 in a variety of soft paste and vibrant bold shades, perfect for the Spring season.