I must admit- I love going to the spa to get a pedicure, but I’m really not a fan of doing them at home by myself. That was until I met this LUSH Happy Feet ($24.95 USD / $24.95 USD) set- a limited edition collection (available June 11th) of four foot-pampering products to get your feet sandal-ready for summer.
Not only is the set adorable as a gift (even if it’s a gift from yourself to yourself..) because the four products come wrapped in one of LUSH’s re-usable Knot Wrap (I like to store bath bombs in it, because you can smell them through the fabric! Mmmmm). Using all four products will instantly whisk you away to a luxurious spa and they are really easy to use!
The packaging doesn’t exactly tell you what order to use them in, but LUSH suggested to use it like this…
- Start off with a pampering foot soak with the Geo Phyzz bath bomb; it’s made with Hawaiian sea salt to soften skin, and the fresh scent makes me reminisce of laying on the beach.
- Slough away dead skin, calluses and rough spots with the Stepping Stone foot scrub, a citrus-scented scrub formulated with sea salt and pumice. It also contains oils to hydrate dry skin too!
- Slather on the Volcano foot mask, sit back and relax. The kaolin and pumice formula draws out dirt and sloughs away rough skin, while the fresh scent helps to deodorize and freshen up your footsies.
- Massage in the Fair Trade Foot Lotion for a refreshing and moisturizing finish. This pepto-pink lotion is super hydrating and packed with spearmint and peppermint oils to leave your feet fresh, smooth and glowing- a real treat for your feet!
While the set is limited edition, the individual products can be purchased separately from LUSH- so that’s always good if you run out of one before the others, or simply just find a favourite in the bunch. I’m a huge fan of LUSH’s bath bombs, masks and lotions…but I haven’t really had the same luck with their body scrubs. Since they are in a solid form, I just find them to be so fragile! You can’t get them wet, or they will dissolve.. and especially this one, it breaks apart in my hand. The best way I’ve found to use it is to break of a piece (I started with the toes..) and use that as a scrub while keeping the rest of it at a safe distance away from water.
The other problem I ran into is that the bath bomb is really a one-time-use-only product while the rest of them are good for a couple uses. You can take a hammer to it if you want and break it up into a couple pieces.. but really I would have liked to see those tablet-like bath bombs that LUSH has released in the past, that can be broken apart for multiple uses.
So gather up the girls for a spa-night in, or just treat your hard working feet to a lovely night of some well-deserved TLC (those pumps sure give your feet a tough job)!
- Price: $24.95 USD / $24.95 CAD
- Availability: LUSH (starting June 11, 2012; limited edition)
- Overall: A super cute pedicure set- it includes a bath bomb for soaking, a scrub for sloughing away dead skin, a mask for detoxifying and a lotion for hydrating. Using the set in order left my feet feeling super smooth, refreshed and ready for summer sandals. I had a bit of trouble with the scrub, and the bath bomb is pretty much a one-time use only.
- Rating: A-