The MAC All For Glamour Collection for Holiday 2012 is a part of the Fabulousness series, and includes this MAC All For Glamour Face Kit / Gorgeous Bronze ($49.50 USD / $59.50 CAD) which contains a bronzer, three eyeshadows and two lipsticks. The collection also features a Touch Up Kit, available in 3 shades, which I will be reviewing soon. This limited-edition collection is now available from MAC, and you can also see the rest of the collection here.
I was super excited for the All For Glamour collection, because the adorable pastel-colored, satin pillow-like compacts with black bow detailing are just too cute to be kept in a makeup stash. These beauties need to live in a purse and see daylight often- so this color kit and the touch-up kit are perfect for that.
The palette includes…
- Golden Bronzing Powder: A muted, golden tan-beige with shimmer
- Hearts-A-Flutter Eye Shadow: A warm pink Satin eyeshadow with silver pearl
- Romance Me Eye Shadow: Warm plum Lustre eyeshadow with gold pearl
- Shadowy Lady Eye Shadow: Blackened, matte plum
- Barely Lit Lipstick: A neutral pink with gold pearl (Lustre texture)
- Headturner Lipstick: Mid-tone cool cream plum (Cremesheen texture)
We’ve already established that the packaging is adorable- and its quite functional too! The lipsticks have a separate piece of plastic to keep them clean of eyeshadow and bronzer powder (and the palette does get quite messy fast- so this is a must-have for any combination palette).
The palette comes with a large mirror in the lid and a double-ended brush (one side for eyeshadow and one side for lipstick). The shades are all beautiful and work together nicely, however I do feel as if Hearts-A-Flutter and Shadowy Lady lacked pigmentation. Romance Me had quite a bit of fall-out because it’s a Lustre texture. The eyeshadows were probably the most disappointing- so that could definitely be a deal-breaker to some. Having said that, check out the look I created with the palette… I actually quite like it.
The bronzer is a lovely golden bronze shade, however it does seem a little more chalky than I remember MAC Bronzers to be. I’m not sure if its a different formula, but I wasn’t as in love with it as I have been with other MAC Bronzers in the past (having said that, MAC Bronzers have never really made my ‘favorites’ list anyways).
I love the lipsticks the most in this palette- not only do they look beautiful, pigmented and comfortable on their own, but layered together they look even more gorgeous, giving this palette an extra dimension and more possibilities!
- Price: $49.50 USD / $59.50 CAD
- Availability: MAC
- Overall: Love the packaging, but the products aren’t that great. Love the lipsticks, the bronzer is okay but the eyeshadows aren’t that great- they either lack pigmentation and/or smoothness. Having said that, on the skin they still look nice, but it’s definitely not the best palette i’ve seen from MAC.
- Rating: B