One of the latest releases from MAC includes the new MAC Electric Cool Collection for Fall 2012. This collection features 12 limited edition shades of this new pearly eyeshadow formula. I feel like this collection didn’t get enough press for how awesome these eyeshadows really are!
Each MAC Electric Cool Eye Shadow ($17.50 USD / $21 CAD) is slightly larger than the original MAC Eye Shadow formula (these have 2.1g while the regulars have only 1.5g of product). They also have a twist-off cap, which personally I’m not a fan of. I find it’s just too much extra effort needed when other eyeshadows have a simple flip of a cap (perhaps this is more of an air-tight closure though, because of the creamy texture).
The biggest difference is in the texture of these eyeshadows. They are a true hybrid between a cream and a powder. They look exactly like a pressed powder eyeshadow, but its soft, mouldable (think about the recent Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes), and truly bizarre. They really feel and work like a cream eyeshadow though.
The shades I’ve been playing with are:
- Superwatt: Light shimmering taupe; my absolute favorite color. It’s so pigmented and really brightens the eye area! I’ve been loving wearing this shade as a wash of color all over the lid with some black mascara!
- Love Power: A soft, shimmering rose pink. this one is also really beautiful and brightening.
- Dynamo: This mid-tone coral isn’t shimmery like the others, but it still has a satin texture. I find this shade a little harder to wear with my skin tone, but the color payoff is still awesome.
- Blacklit: A stunning black with multi-color glitter. I love how there’s no fall out with this shade and it can really be built up for an intense look!
The color payoff is amazing, with a very rich, metallic finish. They blend easily and don’t crease (but I do recommend wearing a primer because I did find them to fade a bit throughout the day). I really prefer to apply them with my fingers, but they work well with brushes too. I’m really quite in love with the formula, so be sure to grab one or two before they are gone.
- Price: $17.50 USD / $21 CAD for 0.07oz / 2.1g
- Availability: MAC (Limited Edition)
- Selection: See all 12 shades here
- Overall: I’m really loving these eyeshadows! I don’t think they have gotten enough press for how awesome they really are. The texture is totally bizarre, but I love the intense pigmentation and creamy texture that they have. Really unique!
- Rating: A