The MAC Glamour Daze Collection for Holiday 2012 includes four MAC Nail Lacquers ($$17.50 USD / $21 CAD), including a sparkly black, a light taupe, a creamy mint and a metallic pink. I have all four to show you today, but you can also see the rest of the collection here. This large collection has a very sweet, feminine theme with pearl textures, sweet, indulgent hues and glossy black packaging. This limited-edition collection is available now from MAC.
MAC Nail Lacquers never really had a good reputation in the past. I only really started wearing them this year, and I must say I quite like them! I’m not sure if the formula was actually re-vamped when they launched their permanent line of polishes, but I found the quality and consistency to be comparable to OPI and China Glaze (every brand will have their ups and downs when it comes to nail polish though)… now if that justifies the price tag to you, then that’s up to you.
The shades include…
- Everything That Glitters: Creamy black with multi-dimensional glitter
- Endless Night: Pale grey-pink with a hint of iridescent pearl
- In The Limelight: Creamy mint
- Girl Trouble: Metallic cool pink
These shades in particular weren’t the best I’ve seen from MAC, but they aren’t the worst. I thought the colors were fairly unique, especially Endless Night and Everything That Glitters (p.s. more nail polishes need to exist like this one). They all went on fairly streaky for their first coat, but looked great after the second coat (except Girl Trouble, which needed 3… I found that strange because usually metallics are super pigmented and only really need 1-2)!
I don’t really judge a nail polish if it doesn’t look perfect after one coat though, because two coats is really my ‘standard’.
Overall? Not bad. Not the best. Cute colors… not very ‘Holiday-ish’ to me, but still pretty either way!
- Price: $17.50 USD / $21 CAD for 0.34oz / 10mL
- Availability: MAC
- Overall: Not the best polishes I’ve seen from MAC but certainly not the worst. Each required 2-3 coats for a nice finish and the colors are pretty unique! If you can get past the price tag and really want a shade, go for it.
- Rating: A-