The MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection for Fall 2012 includes two Dazzleglasses ($28 USD / $34 CAD) in limited-edition packaging with black Marilyn Monroe pictures covering the majority of the tube. You can see more photos & information on the full collection here.
I’m a huge Dazzleglass fan- even though I don’t wear them often, I always feel so glammed up when I do. The twist on the regular MAC Lipglass formula includes tons of shimmer for an ultra-glam look. I must say, I’m not a fan of the packaging on these, simply because it’s next to impossible to actually see what shade is which, especially since the two colors are quite similar.
The shades include…
- Little Rock: Sheer white with silver pearl
- Phiff!: Sheer peach with gold pearl
MAC wasn’t kidding when they said sheer- these two glosses look almost identical on the lips, except for the cool and warm undertone difference. They are both beautiful and feel comfortable (not gritty at all- but you definitely have to be okay with the sticky, tacky texture that MAC Lipglasses are known for).
I’d probably only use these as lipstick toppers- to add some shimmer and shine to any lipstick, because just having a glittery gloss isn’t my favorite thing in the world. So yes, I do like them- but they definitely aren’t that original. Just like the Nail Lacquers, if you’re going to buy these simply because you want a piece of the Marilyn Monroe collection, that’s great. Otherwise, look elsewhere… you won’t have to search hard for glitter glosses like these.
They do wear quite a long time, because of their thick texture… which makes them great for a fancy evening party or special occasion. After the gloss wears off, you are left with a bit of glitter lingering behind too.
- Price: $28 USD / $34 CAD for 0.06oz / 1.92g
- Availability: MAC
- Selection: See the full collection here
- Overall: These glosses are pretty, glitter and ultra-glam… but nothing really special. They are both super sheer, so it really comes down to if you want a silver glitter (Little Rock) or gold glitter (Phiff!). I think they are best for topping off a lipstick with- so unless you’re attached to the Marilyn Monroe packaging, you could probably find a dupe quite easily for this look. They still are gorgeous, long-wearing and glamorous though!
- Rating: A-