The MAC Primped Out Collection for Holiday 2012 is a part of the Fabulousness series, and includes two Lip Look Bags ($39.50 USD / $47.50 CAD) and three Eye Look Bags ($46.50 / $55.50 CAD). It also includes three travel-size brush kits that I reviewed here. Each Lip Look Bag contains a mini lip pencil as well as a full sized lipgloss and lipstick. Each Eye Look Bag contains an Eye Shadow X2 (two full-size eyeshadows), as well as a full size mascara, eyeliner and eye brush. I have one Lip Look Bag to show you today, but you can also see the rest of the collection here.
This collection of pre-made “looks” for eyes and lips each come in an adorable leopard-print bag (pink for lips, green for eyes) that is absolutely irresistible to me- mostly since I just decided to get a Bengal kitten. This limited-edition collection is available now from MAC.
The Lip Look Bag in Lavish Coral includes…
- Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare: a dirty red-brown
- Cremesheen Glass in Kiss Me Softly: soft peach with gold pearl
- Lipstick in Shy Girl: Creamy neutral coral beige
Despite being the ‘coral’ bag, this set actually is more of a warm, peachy-nude collection. I really wouldn’t describe it as coral at all, but it’s beautiful none-the-less. I seriously can’t get over the cute pink leopard bag… I’ve already decided that if my Bengal kitten is a girl, i’m keeping it for kitty treats (but that’s besides the point)- it makes a great mini bag for a purse as well!
Each product features glossy black packaging (characteristic of this year’s Holiday collections).
The Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare l is so creamy and glides on like butter- it’s really pigmented and sets to a long-wear finish. I really should own more MAC Lip Pencils than I do, because they are awesome and this shade is a great brownish-nude. Perfect for everyday use!
The Lipstick in Shy Girl is a Cremesheen texture- my absolute favorite because it combines both the creaminess and sheen of a moisturizing lipstick with the pigmentation and durability of a long-wear lipstick. The color is a beautiful peachy nude, which I’ll definitely be wearing on its own very often! On top of the lip pencil, it turns into a deeper, more brownish nude.
The Cremesheen Glass in Kiss Me Softly is a beautiful pale peach shade. MAC Cremesheen Glass is a lovely formula- super moisturizing and non-sticky at all (perfect for those that detest the original Lipglass texture). They still have the signature MAC vanilla scent, but they are a bit more sheer. This one looks beautiful alone (gives the slightest nude hint) and looks even better on top of the other two- finishing off the ‘lip look’.
- Price: $39.50 USD / $47.50 CAD
- Availability: MAC
- Selection: Available in Lavish Coral (shown here) and Luxurious Pink
- Overall: I’m really loving this set- mainly because I adore the pink leopard print bag- but also because i love the shades and textures of each product inside. The lip pencil is a great, universal nude, while the Cremesheen lipstick and lipgloss are comfortable, moisturizing and create a beautiful warm, peachy nude lip look when used all together (but they also look great separately too)!
- Rating: A