The MAC Taste Temptation Collection for Winter 2012 includes two MAC Nail Lacquers ($16 USD / $19 CAD), that both follow along with the sultry purple-based theme. I have both nail lacquers to show you today, but you can see the rest of the collection here.
The entire collection is all about seduction, with alluring shades and sultry pops of color. This limited-edition collection will be available December 13, 2012 (North America only).
The shades include…
- For Fun: A rich, clean purple creme
- Blue Gaze: A dark, periwinkle blue creme
MAC Nail Lacquers have gotten a bad rep in the past… they weren’t always the highest quality polishes out there, and their luxury price tag doesn’t help either… but I have to admit that these two shades totally blew me away!
I love the glossy shine that MAC “Creme” nail lacquers have, and these two look like patent leather! Both shades are beautifully pigmented- two coats was perfect for a rich, opaque finish (but Blue Gaze could probably have gotten away with only one coat- that’s how rich it is)! The formula is the perfect thickness to- enough viscosity to have good control, but still fluid enough to spread thinly.
MAC Nail Lacquers last for about 3-4 days on me without chipping… and I must say that I don’t have colors like this in my stash- especially that stunning periwinkle blue. The shades fit beautifully into the sultry theme of the collection, and I think they are some of the best I’ve seen from MAC in a long time!
- Price: $16 USD / $19 CAD for 0.34oz / 10mL
- Availability: MAC (December 2012)
- Selection: See the entire Taste Temptation Collection here
- Overall: These are some of the best nail polishes I’ve seen from MAC in a long time. If you can stomach the price of them, you won’t be disappointed… especially with Blue Gaze! Richly pigmented, super shiny and a great texture to apply… loving these shades!
- Rating: A