The MAC Taste Temptation Collection for Winter 2012 includes two MAC Powder Blushes ($20 USD / $24 CAD), that both follow along with the sultry, purple-based theme. I have both powder blushes to show you today, but you can see the rest of the collection here.
The entire collection is all about seduction, with alluring shades and sultry pops of color. This limited-edition collection will be available December 13, 2012 (North America only).
The shades include…
- Unconventional: A pale, shimmery lavender pink (Frost)
- Passionately Tempted: A mid-tone, raspberry magenta (Satin)
I’m obsessed with MAC blushes… I think they make some of the best ones on the market for a fairly decent price (come on, we all know that blush lasts forever and half, so it’s a little more reasonable to splurge on them)! I’m always so excited to see the limited-edition shades that MAC releases, and these two are quite intriguing.
One is a super pale, icy violet and the other is an ultra-deep, dramatic berry tone… yet both of them are fabulous! I think that blush is one of those things that can look amazing 99% of the time depending on the application and positioning of the color. It takes practice, but with super pigmented, smooth and blendable blushes like these, you’ll find your love for blush growing and growing when you can reach for dramatic shades like Passionately Tempted.
Unconventional is just that… unconventional. It’s a light, shimmery lilac which could almost work more as a highlighter for some skin tones, while Passionately Tempted must be applied with a feather-light hand. If you apply too much, it will look patchy and most likely like rosacea… When applied lightly to the apples and blended well, it’s a great color for all skin tones (and especially for the holiday season too)!
Both of these blushes aren’t really for beginners, but if you want to add a couple interesting shades to your collection- check these out. The quality is fabulous!
- Price: $20 USD / $24 CAD for 0.21oz / 6g
- Availability: MAC (December 2012)
- Selection: See the entire Taste Temptation Collection here
- Overall: Two incredibly beautiful blushes- both a little more advanced (you really have to be comfortable with the positioning and application of bold blushes). Unconventional can even be used as a highlight, and looks great on light skin tones while Passionately Tempted is ultra-pigmented and really needs to be applied carefully.
- Rating: A-