This month Maybelline launched a new product in their Color Sensational lineup- lip glosses! The Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Glosses ($5.49 USD / $9.99 CAD) are available in 12 gorgeous shades and are the first ever wax-free formula to hit the shelves!
What exactly does that mean for your lips? These glosses have a crystal clear glossy shine with beautiful, saturated color. Now I have to say, I’m not a huge fan of drugstore lip glosses and I never have been… but these totally change the game for me!
These glosses are completely non-sticky, yet they have a bit of substance to them which makes me feel like they aren’t just going to slip all over my lips. They stay put and feel great. They last about 2-3 hours on me, but they feel incredibly comfortable and moisturizing! They offer medium coverage color… but it’s almost a buildable coverage! I can build up the color without it feeling goopy or heavy… plus, they smell like a delicious tropical drink that brings me back to a hot, sunny beach every time I put it on.
The colors I’ve been wearing are…
- Iced Chocolate: a warm caramel nude
- Gleaming Grenadine: a spicy orange coral
- Raspberry Reflections: a bright fuchsia (my favorite!)
They have a slanted doe-foot applicator which helps them to glide on smoothly. I’m really totally impressed with these glosses… these are by far my favorite drugstore lip glosses, if not one of my favorite lipgloss formulas to date. They feel so fresh, light and crisp with color!
Obviously the trade-off for having such a light, comfortable gloss is that it doesn’t last too long. As I mentioned, these will go a couple hours as long as you’re not eating or drinking… but honestly, they are so pleasant, you’ll want to be reapplying them! Kudos, Maybelline!
- Price: $5.49 USD / $9.99 CAD for 0.17oz / 5mL
- Availability: Drugstores and other mass retailers
- Selection: Available in 12 shades
- Overall: I’m totally loving these glosses- they are definitely one of the best lipgloss formulas I’ve ever used. The color is pure, glossy and even a bit buildable while the gloss is completely non-sticky and moisturizing. Obviously they compromise the wear time for that comfort, but it’s worth it. These are going to be a hit for sure!
- Rating: A