This Spring is going to be a bright one- just check out these gorgeous new Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolors ($7.49 USD / $9.99 CAD)- eight new bright & bold shades to the Color Senstional line available this January 2013. From baby pink to juicy coral to flaming red- these shades are sure to brighten up your day and give a pop of color to any look.
These lip colors are formulated with true color pigments surrounding a special mineral which sits on top of the lips for full, opaque coverage and true-to-the-tube color. They are also formulated with honey nectar to be super moisturizing as well.
The shades include
- 860 Pink Pop: The palest baby pink shade that gives that baby doll lip look- not as vibrant and neon as the other shades, but just as striking. Best on light-to-medium skin tones and worn over smooth, exfoliated lips.
- 865 Fuchsia Flash: One of my top favorites of them all! This hot pink fuchsia is bright, bold and fun.
- 870 Shocking Coral: A beautiful coral pink, definitely more on the pink side instead of orange. This one is going to be so hot this Spring!
- 875 Vivid Rose: Similar to Fuchsia Flash, but a little more rosy pink (instead of purple). Incredibly bright and great for a girls’ night out.
- 880 Electric Orange: Not for the faint of heart- this lipstick is pure orange. Think of all the orange lips we saw last Spring- this one is even more shocking.
- 885 Vibrant Mandarin: Another favorite of mine… part orange, part red.. a little more spicier than Electric Orange which makes it more wearable, yet still vibrant and daring.
- 895 On Fire Red: If you’re looking for a hot, vibrant red- this is your shade.
- 900 Hot Plum: My number one fav out of the collection! A vivid purple fuchsia… so fun!
These lip colors glide on beautifully and have a slight sheen texture, which makes them comfortable and wearable while still providing the security of staying put. The color payoff is out of this world- Maybelline really hit the nail on the head with these gorgeous lipsticks! The colors aren’t exactly true-to-the-tube- I find they go on a little lighter for some shades (especially Shocking Coral and On Fire Red), but having said that… the shades look amazing on the lips. I’m beyond impressed with the shade range- there really isn’t a shade that I don’t love!
The packaging is gorgeous- I love the sleek silver tube and the bright, orange caps. The labels on the bottom clearly indicate the color, as the sticker itself matches the lipstick (so handy when storing your lipsticks upside down)! There is a slight scent to these lipsticks; it smells a bit like vanilla to me… I have to admit I’m not the hugest fan of the way they smell (it’s a bit plastic-y and artificial), but it’s really not that big of a problem.
They aren’t incredibly long wearing, as they are fairly moisturizing and comfortable (it’s always a trade-up, right?) but after sipping on cocktails and munching on appetizers, a light touch-up was all that was needed- it didn’t migrate or completely disappear. I really hope that Maybelline releases more vivid colors like these!
- Price: $7.49 USD / $9.99 each
- Availability: Drugstores and other Maybelline retailers (January 2013)
- Selection: 8 shades in the new “Vivids” collection; all shown here
- Overall: I am absolutely in love with these lipsticks. There isn’t a single shade that I don’t love, and the quality is consistent among them all. Each lipstick is super pigmented, creamy and comfortable to wear. They aren’t the longest wearing lipstick, but the value and color pay off makes them totally worth it.
- Rating: A