Deck your nails with glitz and glamour… fa la la la la, la la la laaaa.
These new Maybelline Color Show Sequins Nail Lacquers ($2.99 USD / $3.99 CAD) are so festive and sparkly- it was seriously love at first sight! These limited-edition glitter polishes are only around for a short time, so make sure to stock up on them if you like what you see.
Eight shades in total (I have five of them to show you today), these super sparkly polishes each contain glitter and shimmer that gives a beautiful sequins-like sparkle to your nails. I’m a total fan of glitter polish, no matter how hard it is to get off (do yourself a favour and use acetone to remove these guys), I just love how feminine and fun they are!
The shades include…
- Silver Gleam: Hands down, the best quality polish of these ones I’ve tried. It only required two coats for an opaque, silver glitter and it looked like my nails were covered in diamonds. Love it!
- Gold’s Night Out: This gorgeous gold polish had the same finish as the Silver one, however it took 3 coats for an opaque finish. Totally wearing this one for Christmas!
- Lavender Sparks: A little disappointing, this polish took three coats and still didn’t have an opaque finish. I do love the lavender hue… but I wish it was more opaque!
- Sea-Quins: Absolutely stunning- I can totally see myself wearing this one for new years (or any time really). Three coats left a full coverage, opaque finish.
- Ruby Rhinestones: Another shade similar to Lavender Sparks, I just felt like I couldn’t get a full coverage finish, even with 3 coats. Would still look pretty on top of a red polish for added sparkle!
I’m a huge fan of the Maybelline Color Show range- I think it’s probably one of the best (if not the best) nail lacquer I’ve found from a drugstore, let alone having a price tag of less than $4. I do like these Sequins polishes, however I did find them to be a little less consistent in quality than the original line. Silver Gleam, Gold’s Night Out and Sea-Quins were stunning and offered a great finish… however I couldn’t get Lavender Sparks and Ruby Rhinestones to look the way I wanted to no matter how hard I tried.
Any of the polishes would look fantastic on top of another color, for some added sparkle and texture. I really love the effect that the multi-sized glitter has on the finish… it really has a cool 3D effect, and the largest glitter particles really look like sequins!
- Price: $2.99 USD / $3.99 CAD for 0.23oz / 7mL
- Availability: Drugstores & other Maybelline retailers (Limited Edition)
- Selection: Available in 8 shades; Lavender Sparks, Gold’s Night Out, Ruby Rhinestones, Silver Gleam, Sea-Quins, Sapphire Masquerade (not shown), Rose Bling (not shown) & Cocktail Dress (not shown).
- Overall: I love the sparkly texture of these glitter polishes- the multi-sized glitter particles really looks like sequins! Unfortunately, this collection isn’t as consistent in quality as the original polishes, but they are still a great value and there are some fantastic shades in the range.
- Rating: B+