Brand new for Spring 2012, these rose bouquet-embossed powders are absolutely stunning! The Milani Illuminating Face Powders ($9.49 USD) are perfect for Spring… so let’s take a look at these three gorgeous compacts!
Each powder comes in a gold round compact with a clear plastic cap, revealing the beautiful rose-patterned detailing underneath. This makes it super easy to see the colors which I always love. There’s no included brushes with these guys, which I’m fine with because I usually prefer to use my own brushes (and if you want to add a bit of a glow throughout the day, it’s totally fine to use your fingers too).
Each compact features a stunning sculpted rose bouquet design with five different shades. The shades work together to create the perfect final melange of sheer luminescent color (not shimmery!) to give a beautiful glow. They can be used as blushes, bronzers or highlighters. I’d stick with matte foundations and powders and choose one or two of these to add some glow and sheen.
The individual colors go deep down into the compact so the color remains consistent. The three powders in the collection include:
- Amber Nectar: A melange of white, golden bronze, taupe, deep bronze and peach shades; a gorgeous all-over color that adds some warmth
- Hermosa Rose: A melange of gold, bronze and three shades of rose (light, medium and deep); the most luminescent of them all.
- Beauty’s Touch: A melange of baby pink, peach, rose, coral and cream shades; love this shade as a blush!
I’m really impressed with these powders! If you can get the courage to ruin the beautiful sculpting, then I think you’ll love them too! They can be layered for more intense pigmentation or lightly just to add a bit of sheen. Overall, for less than $10 I think these are a fantastic must-have for spring. Amber Nectar and Hermosa Rose look very similar on the skin, so that’s something to keep in mind if you’re wanting to add one or two to your makeup bag!
- Price: $9.49 USD for 0.35oz / 10g
- Availability: Milani Cosmetics
- Selection: Available in Beauty’s Touch, Amber Nectar and Hermosa Rose (all shown here)
- Overall: Three gorgeous sheer, luminescent powders will give you that gorgeous fresh glow for spring! Plus the powders are beautifully sculpted and just as pretty themselves. You’ve got to grab one or two of these!
- Rating: A