Launching next month, the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers ($28 USD / $30 CAD) sound like a dream come true, claiming full coverage with a radiant, crease-proof finish that lasts all day. Available in 10 shades and suitable for all skin-tones, these fragrance-free, non-comedogenic concealers are going to be quite the game-changer…
Each concealer comes in a tube that resembles the NARS Lip Glosses…. clear tube with a matte, black lid. The applicator is a flattened doe-foot (my favorite type of applicator) which provides precision and flexibility at the same time. The concealers range from light to dark in both pink and yellow undertones.
The shades include…
- Chantilly (Light 1): True ivory for the fairest complexions
- Vanilla (Light 2): Tiny cast of pink for fair complexions
- Honey (Light 3): Warm peach undertone for light-to-medium complexions
- Custard (Medium 1): Yellow undertone for light-to-medium complexions
- Ginger (Medium 2): Golden undertone for medium complexions
- Biscuit (Medium Dark 1): Medium dark natural balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Caramel (Medium Dark 2): Medium dark yellow and golden undertones
- Amande (Medium Dark 3): Medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Café (Dark 1): Dark with warm red undertones
- Cacao (Dark 2): Dark with deep golden brown undertones
The formula is incredibly creamy- fairly similar in texture to MAC Pro Longwear. It’s a liquid, but it’s more thick than most other liquid concealers. It has medium to full coverage, and it is buildable… so applying a few thin layers will really help to achieve a flawless, full-coverage finish. What I love most is that it looks so incredibly natural (which isn’t always easy to achieve for the under-eye area)! It hydrates, feels comfortable and has a natural satin glow that helps to brighten the eyes while looking like true skin.
I pretty much have the most crease-prone under-eye area out of anyone I know. While I don’t really have fine lines, I do have natural creases that are just there because of how my eyes are shaped. To date, the only concealer (and I’ve tried them all- seriously) that doesn’t crease on me is MAC Pro Longwear (it’s actually so crease-proof, I sometimes use it as an eyelid primer). I use it everyday for that reason, even though I find it a bit drying and the coverage isn’t that great.
This concealer is probably the second best to MAC Pro Longwear it terms of crease-proof ability… which means, it’s probably going to be crease proof for 99% of you. It sets well and stays put for hours (I put a swatch on my hand, and after 20 minutes tried to rub it off, and it wouldn’t budge). The formula is very similar to MAC Pro Longwear but I did experience a tiny bit of creasing where the folds of my under-eye area is. To me, it’s still passable because it’s really not that bad, and the lovely radiant finish and hydrating feel totally outweighs any small creases to me.
Into my makeup bag you go, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.
PRICE: $28 USD / $30 CAD for 0.22oz / 6mL
AVAILABILITY: Sephora (March 2013)
SELECTION: 10 shades available, all shown here.