I just got home from a quick trip to Montreal where I learned about some of the hottest trends for fall from Maybelline Canada Lead Makeup Artist, Grace Lee, and got preview some of the exciting new launches from Maybelline for Fall/Winter 2013/14! The event was so much fun; sipping cocktails inspired by the upcoming Color Elixirs, getting a manicure with the new Color Show shades or nibbling on delicious finger foods made the event tons of fun, but I must admit- I was totally captivated by the new products! I couldn’t wait to share my photos from the event (be sure to check out my Instagram for more too) so even though I’m totally sleep deprived, I just had to get this post up ASAP!
I’ve already posted about some of the latest launches from Maybelline (check out my ongoing coverage here), but I’ll definitely have more coming up soon featuring the new products you see here! I’ll discuss the trends and how to achieve them a little closer to Fall (come on, let’s just enjoy the summer weather first, right?) but here’s a quick run-down on what’s new and exciting:
- Color Elixirs (November 2013): I don’t have much information on these exciting new lip colors, but from the sneak peek that we got I know they are going to be amazing. They offer intense color with the feel of a lip balm and the shine of a gloss. They apply to the lips in a sandwhich layer- with the nourishing balm closest to the lips, then the intense color, then the high-shine finish on top. They look absolutely incredible, and the shade range is huge!
- Baby Lips Electro (August 2013): Our favorite lip balm is going neon with 6 new shocking shades, including Berry Bomb (vibrant purple), Minty Sheer (green, but clear), Pink Shock (hot pink), Strike A Rose (coral rose), Fierce N Tangy (bright yellow) and Oh! Orange (electric orange). With the same intense moisture, sheer color and delicious scents, I’m sure you’re going to love them just as much as ever (I know I will- I pretty much collect them like Pokémon).
- Fit Me Shine-Free Stick Foundation (June 2013): I’m so excited for this product! It feels incredible! This shine-control foundation is actually a gel stick with an anti-shine core that blends beautifully and dries to a matte finish. It feels unlike any other foundation I’ve ever tried. It comes in 12 different shades too, so everyone can find one that is perfect for them.
- The Falsies Big Eyes (Available Now): This new mascara is super exciting because it’s a 2-in-1… it has a brush for upper lashes that builds crazy volume and length, while the brush for lower lashes is much skinner and separates and defines beautifully for a gorgeous 360º effect. I’ve been wearing this mascara daily!
- Color Show Polka Dots & Holographics (Available Now): Ten new shades of my favorite budget nail lacquer; 5 polka dots including Clearly Spotted, Dotty, Drops of Jade, Blue Marks The Spot & Pretty in Polka and 5 holographics including Lavender Lustre, Mystic Green, Bold Gold, Alluring Rose & Blue Blaze.
- Master Smoky (Available Now): Review here
- Color Tattoo Pure Pigments (Available Now): Review here
What are you most excited for?