Today, Sigma has launched their latest innovation… the Brush Spa ($39 USD). This brush-cleaning glove was designed as a quick and easy brush cleansing tool to help you deep clean your makeup brushes. Available in four colors (black, pink, purple and aqua), each glove features 6 different surface textures to help wash, rinse and shape your brushes.
One side is meant for face brushes while the other side is meant for eye brushes. While it may look a little obnoxious, it’s actually quite comfortable on the hand thanks to the interior microfiber glove lining. The Brush Spa comes with a 5-step cleaning guide for using the tool…
- Add cleaning solution and water to the WASH texture (big bumps for face, small hatch-marks for eyes) and rub the brush back and forth to deep clean.
- Place under running water and sweep brush back and forth on RINSE texture (big waves for face, small waves for eyes) to remove makeup residue.
- Swirl the brush on the REFINE texture (small bumps, same for both sides) for added deep cleaning.
- Place under running water again and sweep brush back and forth on RINSE texture for a final rinse.
- Place brush in-between fingers and thumb in the SHAPE section; squeeze gently and pull brush through.
It’s definitely an interesting concept that works much better than swirling my brushes in the palm of my hand. I like to use plain old baby shampoo to deep clean my brushes… and although I don’t think the “Define” texture really adds any extra deep cleaning, (my favorite texture is the WASH for face… it really gets in there and removes makeup well), the textured glove really makes washing brushes a lot faster. Typically I have to lather and rinse several times in my hand for a clean brush, but this method usually gets all the gunk out in 1-2 rinses.
I particularly love the Shape section, in between the fingers and thumb, because even though I usually do this motion anyways with my fingers after washing each brush, but the grooves really help to straighten all the bristles so they dry nicely! Not to mention my fingers don’t get all prune-y now.
Interesting concept, Sigma! I think that the 6 different textures is a little much… really just the “wash” and “shape” sections would suffice for me… but it definitely adds a little fun to the routine! The price is a little steep in my opinion for this type of product, however if you have a large collection of brushes like I do, it may be an appropriate investment!