This July 2012, Nicole by OPI is releasing two Kardashian Kolor Pretty Petites ($12 USD / $15 CAD), two mini packs of four best-selling shades each. I know that these shades are very popular, and hard to get, so if you’ve missed out on a couple shades in the full size, you may want to pick up one of these sets!
The first set, Celeb-bitties, is a warmer, more pink-toned set with 2 creams, 1 shimmer and 1 glitter polish. Sophisti-cuties is a cooler, more autumn-appropriate set containing three creams and one glitter polish. These sets are a great and affordable way to grow your nail color collection, but keep in mind the bottles are super tiny, with only 1/8th of an ounce in each (regular sized polishes usually contain about 1/2 an ounce). I do find them easier to apply to petite nails though, because the brush is also smaller.
Nicole by OPI polishes are one of my favourites, lasting around 4 days without chipping (with a base & top coat). Of course, I like a few shades out of each set the best, but if I had to choose my favorite, I’d go with Celeb-bitties. The set includes:
- All Kendall-ed Up: A super pigmented and bold pink cream. One of the best quality polishes out of all the collections- only needing 1-2 coats for a perfect finish. This color is definitely “me”
- Kim-pletely in Love: A nice spin on the traditional sheer pink- this one has a tiny bit of an iridescent sparkle (so fine though, its hard to see). A nice, sophisticated shade that looks great on french tips!
- Sealed with a Kris: A deep, blood-red (seriously, it was a bit creepy!). This one was quite streaky, and took 3 coats for a nice finish. Not my favorite, but I think I’d sport this in the cooler months.
- Wear Something Spar-Kylie: Even though I hate how hard glitter polish is to come off, I’m head over heels for this one! It’s so bright and fun! I love the deep pink shade, and best of all it only takes two coats. Love it!
The Sophisti-cuties set includes:
- My Empire… My Rules: I’m not a fan of this shade at all.. it’s streaky, and I think it just looks like mud. Honestly, I thought “this is a best seller!?” when putting it on. I have to admit though, it looks better when its opaque, but still I don’t think it’s for me.
- Follow Me on Glitter: I’m also loving this one! I love pewter tones, and this one is a grey glitter with larger chunks of multicolour flecks. So unique!
- Khloé Had a Little Lam-Lam: This dark teal is definitely right up my alley… if you want to get into colors but don’t want to go bright and bold, try a deep, sultry shade like this.
- Hard-Kourt Fashionista: This super dark brownish red shade is definitely a vampy, sultry shade. It’s going to be super hot for fall, I just know it.
- Price: $12 USD / $15 CAD for 4 x 3.75mL (each set)
- Availability: Drugstores, Wal-Mart & other Nicole by OPI retailers (July 2012)
- Overall: While I do prefer full-size polishes (these little ones seem to literally get lost in my collection), its a fun and economical way to up your color collection! I think they are fairly good quality overall, some needing 2-3 coats while others just need 1-2… I definitely prefer Celeb-bitties a tad more because its more bright, vivid and pink… but Sophisti-cuties is still fabulous and I’ll be using them more this fall.
- Rating: A- Overall (individual sets rated above)