Nutra Nail has launched a gorgeous set of limited-edition shades for the Gel Perfect Fall For You Collection for Fall 2012 ($11.99 USD / $14.99 CAD each) The beautiful, earthy shades are great for the season’s muted polish trends. These shades will be available for a short time, starting October 2012.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Nutra Nail Gel Perfect product, these kits include everything you need to get a chip-free gel manicure at home without a UV or LED light! I’ve reviewed the formula in the past, so you can check out this post to read a little more detail about the system. Basically, the product “cures” by a chemical reaction, instead of UV or LED light… so you can still achieve a rock hard, patent-shine manicure that won’t smudge, ding or chip!
The system involves applying the polish, followed by a chemical activator, then repeating (with a cleansing of the brush in-between layers). It takes a bit of practice, and your first few applications might not be salon-worthy, but after a few tries you’ll get the hang of it. I’m actually quite impressed with how durable the manicure is! Although I still prefer using an LED-based system, these are a great alternative for those that don’t want to spend the money on a professional curing lamp or the salon visit.
The shades include…
- Smitten: A beautiful muted grey; this colour may seem a little boring, but it’s actually going to be super popular this fall. Not only that, but it’s so easy to wear- grey goes with almost everything!
- Latte: A light, creamy tan shade. A little deeper than a typical nude, but very warm, earthy and autumn-appropriate!
- Snapdragon: A gorgeous berry rose shade; not so unique, but still a great colour!
- Enamored: A deep, shimmery emerald green- an absolute stunner!
- Spellbound: One of my favourites, a deep navy blue. This inky shade is also one of the most popular for the season!
- Cocoa: A deep, dark chocolate.. almost so dark, it looks black, but in certain lights you can really see the richness of the colour.
The manicures can be removed with soaking in pure Acetone (I usually soak for about 5 minutes, then they just peel right off), or by using the Nutra Nail No Mess Express ($5.99 USD / $8.99 CAD) acetone-soaked sponge packets. They are convenient, especially for travel, but you will be paying more money for that convenience factor.
- Price: $11.99 USD / $14.99 CAD for 0.17oz / 5mL
- Availability: Drugstores, Walmart (See a list of retailers here)
- Overall: The collection is well put-together. The shades are safe, yet totally on-trend for the season, so you can’t go wrong with any of them. The concept is a great one for those that aren’t ready to commit to buying a gel polish system, or visiting the salon regularly.
- Rating: A-