The OPI Euro Centrale Collection for Spring 2013 includes twelve OPI Nail Lacquers ($8.50 USD / $10.95 CAD) inspired by the history and modern design of the European region. The entire collection features a wide variety of metallic hues, playful brights and soft neutrals- each perfect for the upcoming Spring 2013 season.
This limited-edition collection features 8 cream, 3 shimmer and 1 chunky glitter polishes and will be available February 6, 2013 at select spas, salons and other OPI retailers.
The shades include…
- Can’t Find My Czeckbook: This aqua blue cream is a stunning shade! I can totally see this shade being super popular for spring and summer.
- Oy-Another Polish Joke: A yellow gold shimmer; quite similar to the recent “GoldenEye” shade from the Skyfall collection- so go ahead and pick this one up if you missed out on that beauty.
- Vant To Bite My Neck?: This deep, eggplant purple cream is really gorgeous… a little too dark and vampy for my liking for Spring (but definitely appropriate for the second half of winter)
- My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours!: I adore this spicy, orange-red cream! It’s so perfect for Spring and Summer… and it’s just a really hot shade. I’m planning a beach vacation soon and this one will definitely be coming along.
- OPI… Eurso Euro: This inky blue cream is an amazing shade- it reminds me a lot of a deeper version of my beloved YSL Bleu Majorelle- a total must have for a fraction of the price.
- Hands Off My Kielbasa!: An interesting tan beige shimmer; I like this unique shade because it makes an interesting twist on the classic nude shade… which will definitely be hot for the season.
- You’re Such A Budapest: If this light lilac cream shade isn’t the perfect shade for Spring, I don’t know what is. It’s perfect.
- A Woman’s Prague-ative: A warm, copper shimmer; I love the metallic hues… almost a duochrome shade. I probably would prefer this shade for fall, but it’s beautiful none the less.
- I Saw… You Saw… We Saw… Warsaw: A deep, midnight blue cream; gorgeous and classic… but I prefer brights for the season!
- Suzi’s Hungary Again!: Probably one of my favorite shades of the collection… this gorgeous vibrant pink cream polish is bold, colorful and totally fun.
- My Vampire is Buff: I didn’t think I’d like this pale nude cream polish, but I’m actually in love! It has a slightly beige tint to it so it’s not so stark white, but you can definitely pull off the white nail trend with it. A must have for all of your glitter polish top coats (it just makes them POP!)
- Polka.com: A clear base with gorgeous blue and violet chunky glitter- definitely needs to go on top of another shade, but it really makes a stunning contrast.
I was pleasantly surprised by this collection; I’m a huge fan of OPI cream textures, so I was happy to see that the majority of the collection was exactly that, with a couple shimmers and a glitter for a bit of variety. The color range is also quite nice, with some neutrals, bright pops of color and deep hues too. OPI has definitely taken the position as my favorite nail lacquer brand in the past year- the consistency of quality is outstanding. Every polish in this collection was beautifully pigmented and only required 2 coats. Some of my favorites include Suzi’s Hungary Again, My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours, Can’t Find My Czechbook and You’re Such A Budapest (basically the bright creams)!
OPI polishes usually last about 3-4 days without chipping and I find are the easiest to apply because of the extra-wide brush (its wide, but not too wide for my petite nails). I was a little hesitant about My Vampire is Buff, the pale off-white cream polish, but after trying it with a couple different glitter polishes- I have to encourage you all to pick it up. It’s the perfect white- not too stark so you can wear it alone, but still bright enough to create an awesome contrast with your favorite chunky glitter polishes.
I think this is a pretty solid collection- not too many unique shades, but the quality and choice of color and texture really make it a superb one to look forward to. There’s something for everyone!
- Price: $8.50 USD / $10.95 CAD for 0.5oz / 15 mL
- Availability: OPI Salons, spas & retailers
- Overall: I’m very pleased with this collection- consistent quality, great color choice and texture variety. Not the most unique collection, but each shade is pigmented, applies easily and has a great finish- you won’t be disappointed with any of the shades.
- Rating: A