OPI has recently launched their latest country-inspired collection, the OPI Germany Collection for Fall 2012. This large collection contains 12 polishes in various tones and textures, mainly including muted nudes and metallic textures (two very popular trends this fall season).
OPI has been one of my favorite nail polishes brands for as long as I can remember- the consistent high-quality polishes, range of colors and accessibility has always made me love the brand. I’m also a huge fan of the OPI Pro-Wide Brush that is now found with their polishes… I feel like I can do my manicure much more quickly, yet have it look professionally applied each time (even with my tiny finger nails)!
I was very happy to see that this collection was consistently well-pigmented with beautiful textures and tones. Even the light, muted shades (which are my favorite for fall, by the way) were excellent with a gorgeous opaque finish in only 2 coats (in fact, all of the polishes were beautiful with only two coats). OPI polishes usually last 3-4 days without chipping on me, with a base and top coat.
With quirky names (as usual), this collection is overall a beautiful one that combines the hottest trends for the season, and you can be fairly confident that whichever shade you choose will meet your expectations. Personally I prefer the cream finishes- I just think they look more chic, but there are some beautiful shimmer shades in here too. Some are unique and fun, others are easily replaceable (something that is to be expected from such a large collection).
The shades include…
- My Very First Knockwurst: A pale, grey pink. This shade is one of my favourites.. it reminds me of MAC Yogurt Eyeshadow. Very soft and sophisticated- I’ll be wearing this shade a lot this fall!
- Don’t Pretzel My Buttons: The perfect nude. This beige polish is beautifully pigmented (something that isn’t always common with nude polishes), and it has the perfect undertone for a nude polish. Another favorite!
- Berlin There Done That: This shade is going to be the hue for fall, I can just feel it. A purplish grey, it’s super sophisticated and chic- perfect for everything from school to the office to the cocktail lounge.
- Don’t Talk Bach To Me: The most eye-popping shade of them all- this greenish mustard shade has a subtle, silver shimmer to it. It’s unique and strange, in a very chic way. It’s not something I would wear, but I know some will love it.
- Schnapps Out Of It!: A unique rust shade with silver shimmer. I actually really dislike the color, despite it being beautifully pigmented. It’s definitely unique, but I just can’t… it looks like rust!
- Deutsche You Want Me Baby: A gorgeous metallic orange-red. This shade reminds me a lot of the new MAC Styleseeker nail lacquer, just without as much duochrome. It’s really beautiful and totally appropriate for fall.
- Danke-Shiny Red: Very similar to Deutsche You Want Me Baby, but a true red. Reminds me of candy apples- its super metallic and beautiful, but not very unique.
- German-icure by OPI: This shade is spectacular (and I have to say I love the name- good one OPI!) with its deep, vampy-red hue and warm red shimmer. It almost has a burgundy tint to it- a must have for the fall season.
- Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs: A vibrant metallic purple; really beautiful- but nothing incredibly unique.
- Unfor-greta-bly Blue: A frosty blue shimmer- very similar to the previous shade; beautiful, but not too unique.
- Every Month Is Oktoberfest: Another stunner in the collection; looks quite similar to German-cure by OPI, but this one has a bit more of a gold duochrome to it. The red-purple base combined with the shimmer looks fantastic! I would actually wear this one for the holidays too!
- Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!: Last but not least (and the one with the most ridiculous name), this deep creamy green is beautiful. Fairly unique, and another chic shade for fall.
- Price: $8.50 USD / $9.95 CDN for 0.5oz / 15mL
- Availability: Salons, spas and beauty retail stores (visit OPI for more info)
- Selection: Twelve shades in the collection (All shown in this post)
- Overall: A pretty impressive collection for being so large- I love the muted, greyish tones and metallic shades (two popular trends for fall). All of the polishes were consistently opaque with only 2 coats needed, and while some were more unique than others, they each held their own in terms of quality and wear. My favorites include Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, My Very First Knockwurst, Berlin There Done That and Every Month Is Oktoberfest.
- Rating: A-